Infrastructure Solution Architect
Our Client’s objective is excellence in research, scholarship and education by publishing worldwide.
It has become familiar to millions through a diverse publishing programme that includes scholarly works in all academic disciplines, bibles, music, school and college textbooks, children's books, materials for teaching English as a foreign language, business books, dictionaries and reference books, and academic journals.
Global Technology is progressing an exciting strategy to transform the Global Core Infrastructure through significant investments in digital and cloud technologies, collaboration tools and upgraded wide area network capabilities.
Focusing on the End User Computing (EUC) domain you will work closely with our Enterprise Architecture, Infrastructure/Cloud, Information Security and Network teams as well as Service Desk and local IT stakeholders globally.
Using your experience, market knowledge and through dialogue internally and with partner SMEs, you will define and oversee the implementation of a technology roadmap for End User Computing. There will be a strong emphasis on aligning technology solutions to specific business needs and ensuring improvements in end user experience and associated platform and application capabilities.
An initial requirement is to work with the Windows 10 and Office 365 transformation programme team. You will take cradle to grave ownership of the associated solution architecture from solutions definition through implementation and transition to service. You will need to co-ordinate the views and inputs of the technical SME’s and migration partner experts to create and assure solutions which align to the business needs of a complex global organisation of more than 6000 staff.
- Act as lead solution architect on similar scale desktop and Office 365 transformations, ideally across multiple countries.
Typical Accountabilities / Key Result areas:
You will have the following experience:
- Desktop automation, ideally Microsoft SCCM;
- Application Rationalisation Approaches;
- Application packaging;
- Desktop and Application Virtualisation;
- Application delivery mechanisms;
- O365 licencing;
- Active Directory, AD Connect and Azure AD;
- Collaboration practices;
- Skype design optimisation for user performance and network bandwidth optimisation.
- Linking the Solution Architecture, including migration approach, to the user Journey and change communications;
- Migration methods and their impacts;
- Solution Architecture documentation for different stakeholders;
- Discovery methods;
- Asset management, licence management.
- Solution Design Assurance including working with internal and external partners and suppliers.
- Setting and implementing policies, standards and patterns to drive simplification, reuse and agile delivery.