We are seeking an experienced Infrastructure Engineer with strong knowledge of Windows Server software, hardware and networking skills to work with a large organisation based in Telford.
Primarily based around Windows technologies the server administration role is a key function which supports domain services that in turn provide the core functionality for teams to run services. Live service work is generated through the call logging system and new service requests are generated through the standard change management system. You will need to be resourceful to resolve issues quickly both locally and remotely.
There will also be opportunities for you to work on specific projects such as the deployment of new services which would include writing technical documentation to bring into live support. The role will involve working out of hours to perform the resolution of service issues and support via on-call.
Support and administration of core APS Server Infrastructure:
Active Directory Domain Services (ADDS), DNS, DHCP, GPO management, FAP’s, NAS, Print, SCOM, SCCM, TMG, UAG, RDS, WAP, SAN Technologies, ADFS, WSUS, Windows Clustering, Server Hardware installation & Configuration, Backup technologies in DPM and Net backup, Virtual technologies in Hyper-V and VMware across a predominantly Microsoft platform of Server 2003, 2008, 2008R2, 2012 and 2016.
- Daily monitoring of services using SCOM, resolution of faults and proactive management of system generated alerts.
- Resolution of technical issues and unplanned outages performing detailed post incident reviews of root cause analysis and preventative actions.
- Liaising with and working with various 3rd party vendors for both software and hardware.
- Provide server support to both end-user community and application support teams.
- Build, test and implement changes and service enhancements through approved change management mechanism.
- Support of SCCM environment including remote distribution points, MS critical patching for both server and desktop environments and maintenance of the single gold build image.
- Daily administration, monitoring and reporting on backups including resolution of failures.
- Support of Quest Tool-set across infrastructure.
Initial 3 month contract.