Competitive base salary + 20% Bonus
When it comes to innovation and achievement there are few organisations with a better track record.
A Infrastructure Engineer is required by this dynamic forward thinking and distinctive household name. They’re a FTSE 100 company and the UKs largest airline. This organisation have been pioneers in air travel, e-commerce, digital technology and business operations. You will secure their corporate, airline, and commercial systems which manage over 125 different business services. You will be involved in large scale architecture, leading technology platforms and the latest in virtual reality, cloud and wearable tech to name a few…
The infrastructure team are responsible for maintaining all the systems that drive revenue generation, data & analytics and the airline operations. We provision and support servers, storage and databases related to the selling and servicing our customers’ needs. We are a tight knit team of professionals, working seamlessly with our colleagues across IT and business functions in a fast paced, competitive environment. We get a lot done and we’re proud of our contribution to this incredibly successful business.
THE JOB PURPOSE
The Infrastructure Engineer is accountable for building infrastructure required for all new services across compute, network and storage platforms in a “Cloud First” hosting model. The Infrastructure Engineering function is also responsible 3rd level support both during and out of hours to ensure that any incidents or problems are resolved within an agreed SLA. Service availability and performance will be optimised through Problem Management and CSI.
KEY SKILLS REQUIRED
Demonstrable experience of designing and implementing high availability and scalable enterprise infrastructure solutions, that include –
- Cloud hosting solutions (including managing a hybrid cloud/on-premise hosting environment)
- ‘Commercial of-the-shelf’ and bespoke build solutions
- Implementation and administration of Windows Server and Red Hat Linux environments
- Applications and Databases
- LAN and WAN networking
- Web platforms, including caching, load balancing, CDNs and DNS
- Cloud architecture patterns and Infrastructure as Code deployment models
- Infrastructure security patterns and techniques
- Enterprise level patching & vulnerability management
- Has good experience with infrastructure tools and best practices, with a proven track record for implementing in a managed on premise and Amazon Web Services (AWS) hybrid hosting environment at enterprise level.
- Demonstrable delivery of high quality infrastructure designs and managing the sign-off of the designs with key stakeholders.
- Awareness of capabilities, benefits and shortfalls of the main IaaS and PaaS offerings with AWS and Microsoft Azure.
- Be confident in presenting technical designs and documents to both an IT and business audience.
- Excellent knowledge of Red Hat Enterprise Linux and Windows Server system administration and configuration.
- Has a good understanding of web and application architectures. Experience with Active Directory would be of benefit.
- Working knowledge of network load balancing, preferably F5 Big-IP devices. Good experience with DNS and high availability techniques. Experience with Akamai content delivery, caching and security services would also be desirable.
- Proficient in multiple scripting languages including Powershell and experience of cloud automation techniques using deployment tools like Cloud Formation, Ansible & Jenkins, fully embracing ‘infrastructure as code’.
- Experience in the automation of manual tasks and seeking out efficiencies by ‘Shifting Left’ where possible.
- Demonstrable experience of Incident and Problem Management, with an understanding of the ITIL processes, applied across multi-platform technologies.
- Experience of problem management and troubleshooting techniques, performance and capacity reporting using various tools.
For an informal discussion please contact our resource team Daniel & Andra on 01908 8860331