Infrastructure Engineer / Exeter / £35,000 - £45,000
Our renowned IT solutions client who operates UK wide is currently looking for an Infrastructure Engineer to join their team in Exeter to provide design, implementation and support skills to a range of customer infrastructures and to ensure services are in line with agreed SLA’s.
Our client is continuously growing and has exciting plans to bring in new developments to their service. This will offer you the chance to grow with the company and reap the benefits that come with it!
They are looking for someone with experience in:
- The identification and evaluation of new network technologies and techniques for potential deployment on platforms / infrastructures and for the provision of customer products and services.
- The design of network technical solutions, developing innovative, effective working methods as needed, to meet customer requirements within agreed strategy.
- Providing expert troubleshooting to identify and rectify network infrastructure problems.
- Producing the required network infrastructure design documentation to enable the infrastructure to be implemented and maintained.
- Life cycle management, creating business cases when necessary investment is required and delivering against this.
- Designing & developing implementation strategies for new products and services to ensure they are able to maximise customer offerings through effective installation & maintenance.
- Identifying, liaising and negotiating with external suppliers (finalising costs & organising contracts) to implement effective solutions for both immediate team and wider engineering functions.
- Investigating customer complaints relating to installations or faults, and propose a response/solution acceptable to the customer. Liaising with other departments e.g. Customer Support, Sales etc. liaising with suppliers where appropriate to analyse new/changes to systems and processes in order to improve service to customers
- Cisco routing & Switching
- Fortigate Firewall knowledge (Ideally NSE4 or higher)
If this role sounds like something that you could be interested in, please contact me (Ashley) directly to find out more – Ashley.email@example.com – 01908 886031