Information Security Specialist – Peterborough - £Market + Bonus + Exc. Bens
A Security specialist is required by a FTSE 100 company with operations in 48 countries. The UK’s largest and most progressive marketer of food, drink and energy industry co-products. They operate some of the most advanced research in their market. Despite their size, you will join a small central team within performance, results-led culture.
As the Security specialist you will contribute to the overall business objective by developing architecture standards and principles for new technology areas such as; Cloud, Digital, BYOD/Windows 10, for example. You will lead on security projects including, Implementation of a data vault for business continuity, Server hardening, Host based firewalls & Patching. As the Security SME you will provide assurance and advice to projects with security elements e.g. ICS, MFA/IAM and assist the Security Manager in ensuring compliance for IS projects and ensuring business compliance
Other roles and responsibilities will include but not limited to;
• Liaise with the BSMs to ensure that the Disaster Recovery plan is kept up-to-date and that the SSC are provided with the latest copy
• Liaise with external supplier to ensure that BCP plans are up-to-date?
• Keep abreast of group wide initiatives and provide input and sharing knowledge on IS security and business requirements
• Keeping up to date on the latest security threat landscape, technology developments and assess suitability for the business.
• Constantly review IS security applications and tools for suitability and duplication etc.
For immediate consideration, please contact Peter Sanders on 01908 886033 or apply now.