Information Security Analyst - Oxford - £52k
Excellent opportunity to join a Global Information Security team performing forensic analysis, security reviews and assurance tests of application and infrastructure deployments, working effectively with organisational functions such as legal, technical support and 3rd parties to ensure appropriate security controls are in place that will safeguard digital files and vital electronic infrastructure.
ABOUT THE BUSINESS
Established for nearly 500-years they have always been home to the inquisitive, the passionate, and the ambitious. They thrive on new ideas and fresh thinking, and offer the opportunity for individuals and teams to make their mark.
They invest heavily in innovations in the development and delivery of world-class content, and engage with academics and educators around the world to find new and better ways to make information accessible. With a presence in more than 50 countries and millions of customers around the world, an idea launched at has global impact.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Information Security and Data Privacy team is growing and this is an excellent opportunity to help shape the technical approach and contribute to organisations mission.
You will operate as part of the Global ISDP team performing in-depth technical analysis, security reviews and assurance tests of application and infrastructure deployments across OUP, working effectively with organisational functions such as legal, technical support and 3rd parties to ensure appropriate security controls are in place that will safeguard digital files and vital electronic infrastructure.
You will help to identify and manage the resolution of information security incidents quickly and effectively, minimise their business impact and reduce the risk of similar incidents occurring.
The role touches a broad range of technologies across the enterprise and requires strong technical skills, as well as the ability to make sound decisions.
As an experience security practitioner you'll need:
- Knowledge of network design and application development
- Knowledge of computer forensics practices, including the analysis of files and services on servers and workstations
- Good knowledge of scripting languages (for example Perl, Python or Powershell)
- Good systems administration knowledge of Windows, Linux
- Strong analytic and problem-solving skills
- Strong knowledge of TCP/IP networking, including security policy enforcement devices such as firewalls and Intrusion Prevention Systems
- Working knowledge of public/private cloud technologies and providers
- In-depth knowledge of global technological trends and developments in information security and risk management
Professional certification such as CISSP or other information security credentials
Strong knowledge of security standards such as ISO 27001
Strong working knowledge of compliance requirements for PCI DSS and the UK Data Protection Act
Working knowledge of cloud-based security solutions
Strong experience of working in a complex, geographically distributed environment.
Comprehensive Benefits package as well as defined training and development plans.