ICT Engineer – Birmingham - Negotiable Salary
Our client is a global high-tech company and one of the key players in Aerospace, Defence and Security. Our client is the largest inward investor in the UK defence sector, and one of the biggest suppliers of defence equipment to the UK MoD.
Headquartered in Europe, they have over 45,600 employees. With its offices and industrial plants, the Company is present in 180 sites worldwide in addition to strategic partnerships in the most important high potential international markets.
Key Responsibility Areas
Design of architecture based on:
- HW: Server, Client WS, SAN, ANS, LAN (switch, cabling cooper and fibre optic), firewall, etc..
- SW : Operative System (MS Window Server, Unix, Linux Red Hat …).
- Data Base (MS SQL, Oracle).
- Virtualization platforms; VMware, NetApp.
- Cluster and Fault Tolerant Configuration.
- Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity.
- Filed Bus (Profibus, Profinet, CAN, Ethercat,etc..)
- Wireless Network for communication between sorter and ground.
- In addition, you must be capable of assessing relationships between multi-disciplinary activities in order to coordinate your planning and monitor progress.
You’ll have experience in the Design of Architecture of Hardware and Software Systems for ICT Infrastructure with experience in ICT area in Conception, Design and Installation of IT Infrastructure
As an ICT Project Engineer you’ll coordinate multiple IT infrastructure projects with clients in which you also partly take care of the technical implementation.
You are specialised in defining, initiating and executing ICT projects mainly in the field of networks and infrastructure.
You draw up a design in consultation with the project team. You work together with various disciplines such as sales, engineering (mechanical / electrical), software engineering and system architects.
In the execution of the project you are responsible for the delivery of hardware and software, design, testing, acceptance and transfer to service. Here you are the contact point for the project team and the customer for technical support.
Travelling abroad for short and frequent work is part of the job, you will be accompanied by an experienced colleague.
Due to the nature of the role and project requirements, the beginning of the role will involve time to be spent with our Italian business in Genoa, Italy for a period of 6 – 8 weeks. This period is vital to ensure the successful candidate is quickly integrated into our highly talented and innovative global team.