Head of IS Governance (Global Business, Excellent Culture, Security, Project Governance, Risk) - 85-90k + excellent benefits
Reporting to the CIO you will have 6 direct reports responsible for security, project governance, and contracts/administration, data governance and risk.
You will support and work closely with peers in particular those responsible for enterprise systems, development and operations, and digital data.
The head of governance is a strategic leadership position responsible for ensuring high standards of governance across the business. You will be involved in international compliance assessments, programme management and risk based policies and controls.
You will be responsible for:
- Overall system and information security compliance in the UK and International sites.
- Security strategy including initiatives led by group security and internal support functions.
- Management of server and endpoint device vulnerabilities including out of life software.
- Project governance, compliance, and continuous improvement.
- The strategic planning of IS resourcing, budgeting, and forecasting.
- IS portfolio management.
- Financial management and recharges.
- Application asset management.
- Setting policy and standards for data governance and data ownership.
- Represent IS at Group Risk.
- Ensure that IT Controls for both security and change management can be demonstrated in both internal and external audits.
- Responsible for service continuity planning with the business, digital and enterprise teams.
- Key events for security for security monitoring understood.
- Responsible for security risk assessments. Also ensure that the change management process considers security risk.
- Promote security awareness and be seen as a trusted security advisor for the business.
Key Skills & Experience
- Knowledge of enterprise and digital systems
- Data management and governance
- Security (understanding business security issues, and how to apply them to systems)
- Configurations management, release management, and change control
- Risk management, and mitigation, due diligence,
- Supplier knowledge and management
- Contract design, management, intellectual property and indemnity
- Service management
- Knowledge and experience of working outside of the UK. Exposure to and experience of other cultures and languages. (Desirable)
- Lead the team through demonstrating all of the below behaviours;
- Able to build strong trusted relationships within the department and the wider businesses
- Able to adapt to different ways of working dependant on the individual/team: awareness of differences such as culture.
- Demonstrates agility to respond to respond quickly to business requirements whilst providing expert advice to ensure goals are met at both divisional and business level.
- Strong communication skills
For more information and a confidential conversation please contact Peter Sanders on 01908 886033 or apply today.