Head of eCommerce
Based in Milton Keynes, think ecommerce, retail, sports, lifestyle & Fashion brands, cool, buzzing, creative, busy, innovative, fun, design studio. Ideally you will come from a significant ecommerce background – ideally a retail or fashion ecommerce environment.
You will be responsible for managing UX of their websites – around 20 different sites, including site navigation, content development, checkout funnel and promotional campaigns. These guys are already a brand leader and have a multimillion £ T/O business. On line traffic and presence is significant.
These guys have come a long way, from modest beginnings as a small sports and lifestyle business in London, to what they now proudly boast as being the UK’s leading distributor of sports parts and accessories, as well as the UK’s fastest growing freesports equipment supplier – think cycling, mountain bikes, motor X, Surfing, beach sports, skate boarding……
They have circa 250 staff in the MK office and own several very recognisable sports / lifestyle’s brands – the bulk of their business is done online (70%) and they have a vast distribution network (B2B) as well as a direct customer based (B2C).
Currently the company have around 20 different web sites and a vast social media presence.
Desirably we are looking for someone with experience in either Magento Enterprise or Demandware which is the direction we are moving into – earl work has already started but only part of the ecommerce estate is using this technology and we still have some way to go before all sites are committed- the new platforms will enable us to effectively showcase, market and sell our merchandise.
Ultimately, you will be responsible for E-Commerce Content, E-Commerce Merchandising, E-Commerce Data Analysis.
The main purpose of the role:
- To manage UX of the website, including site navigation, content development, checkout funnel and promotional campaigns
- To be responsible for all e-commerce activity and delivering the ecommerce objectives for the business to budget and deadline.
- Develop and oversee the effective planning and execution of content across the website and online marketing campaigns to ensure efficiency, accuracy and timelines of all web content
- Manage all aspects of web analytics related to ecommerce and communicate relevant information to the business
- To direct a cohesive team of internal and external personnel to effectively develop ecommerce solutions
- Proven leadership of large ecommerce projects
- Experience with B2C ecommerce
- Extensive knowledge of ecommerce technology and sophisticated analytics
- Generate and implement new sales and marketing initiatives to increase ecommerce sales and profitability
- Provide expertise on current ecommerce industry best practices. Consult on cross-functional projects to ensure ecommerce principles are incorporated
- Identify new areas of ecommerce opportunity beyond current organisational thinking
- Outstanding analytical skills, strong experience interpreting test results & drawing conclusions
- Demonstrated strong business judgment and decision-making skills; ability to identify, prioritise, and articulate highest impact initiatives
- Working closely with the IT and Marketing teams be responsible for delivering the annual sales target for the transactional website and eBay store
- Manage and instruct the 3rd party platform provider
As the ecommerce figure head, you will continuously work to merchandise the content in order to optimise sales and growth whilst taking responsibility for the key seasonal launch's each year and on-going content of the site.
You will work with the Head of IT & Marketing to ensure the current platform the site operates on is fully optimised to develop effective sales also to look at ways to improve or enhance the platform.
We are always look for ways to improve the user experience, functionality and merchandising techniques through the use of web / google analytics and other related reporting.
You will work with the Marketing Director and Digital Marketing manager to ensure digital marketing is on brand and in line with overall marketing campaigns and work with the Buying and Merchandising Manager to develop product and promotions to drive sales through the eBay store. (Significant numbers and sales already in place)