Salary: £105000 + up to 30% bonus + excellent company benefits
When it comes to innovation and achievement there are few organisations with a better track record. Join us and you’ll be able to play a big part in the success of our highly successful, fast-paced business that opens up Europe so people can exercise their get-up-and-go.
Working with stakeholders within and outside IT, this function’s responsibility is to ensure that a common technology architecture framework is defined and adopted across the organisation. The Architecture function should provide mature, proven and interoperable technologies that meet critical business needs. The Enterprise Architecture team are responsible for establishing and governing best practice IT design. This role owns the IT architecture elements of integration strategy and acts as internal consultant to the projects and initiatives involved across all our systems. It provides high level knowledge and expertise of how our systems and infrastructure fit together and a broader context of external technology & industry trends, particularly for Integration and Airline Operations.
- Developing and maintaining alignment with architecture principles, architectural security standards, patterns etc.
- Work closely with Solution Architects and other senior IT designers to ensure integration architecture elements of projects are included.
- Interfacing with staff to build and maintain valuable and productive working relationships and ensure that the needs of the business are met. Particular close collaboration with the Integration and Airline Operations teams will be critical.
- Conduct and/or provide input into the selection of vendor solutions highlighting strengths, weakness and strategic alignment making clear recommendations.
- Serve as the ‘go-to’ integration & airline operations expert within the Architecture team
- Ensure that a mechanism is in place for integration knowledge transfer within the architecture team delivering assurance of consistent designs and services across the team.
- A key Contributor to the development of technology strategy and architectural policy
- Ensure that solution architecture is compliant with relevant standards, patterns and baselines
- Leading the development and implementation of technical governance policies and practices
- Acting as Technical Design Authority. Review and assess requests that deviate from the published technical strategies, policies and standards.
- Building and subsequently maintaining capability and technology roadmaps that define how integration-centric platforms and working practices, and Airline Operations data & applications, are kept up to date providing maximum productivity and cost effectiveness.
- Review, align and prioritise projects so that work is not unnecessarily duplicated and is correctly sequenced against known dependencies.
- Maintaining key enterprise architecture artefacts (e.g. roadmaps, target states etc.) for each of the major areas of the business showing how we evolve the IT architecture in place over time as the company grows.
Key Skills Required
This role requires a combination of integration, IT, stakeholder management and leadership skills, and the ability to bridge business and IT issues assimilating the key business requirements that drive the architecture. Being an inspiring and engaging communicator is a key requirement of this role.
The individual therefore should be able to or have:
- Strong enterprise architecture skills, particularly in bridging strategic business requirements and the IT architectures & roadmaps needed to deliver against them
- Acknowledged specialist skills in IT integration, and ideally experienced in Airline Operations or similar domains
- Expertise in technical integration approaches such as APIs, event-driven architectures, batch data integration etc.
- Knowledge of the legal and regulatory environment
- Background in the use of integration and big data technologies to create a ‘data fabric’ or ‘data platform’ for use in Airline Operations any beyond
- Experience operating with different IT delivery approaches such as agile, waterfall, iterative etc.
- An understanding of total cost ownership of IT assets and functions
- Have a good appreciation of solution architecture, software and solution delivery practices, IT infrastructure and application architecture.
- Familiarity with patterns, practices and frameworks of Enterprise Architecture.
- Be confident in presenting technical architecture and strategy to both and IT and business audience.
- Be a business-focussed, creative, innovative pragmatic and positive team player.