- Cutting-Edge: You will be part of ‘Team Tempest’ (announced at the 2018 Farnborough International Airshow), developing state-of-the-art airborne electronic systems for the most advanced fighter aircraft ever to be made
- Innovative: You will be involved with novel product development and emerging technologies that have been supported by £200m annual investment in research and development.
- Challenging: This project will push the boundaries of innovation, technology, and the ingenuity of our engineering community to bring about a step change in performance and capability of our airborne electronic systems.
- Collaborative: Our participation in Team Tempest will involve UK-wide collaboration across multiple business areas including, Electronic Warfare, Radar Systems, and Communication Systems.
- Customer-Focused: You will be supporting the future needs of the UK Royal Air Force and working closely with our customer will be vital to ensure that our solutions meet their future operational needs
Key Responsibility Areas
- Coordinate amongst specialist technology / capability teams to facilitate an integrated architecture definition.
- Define and manage the overall system architecture definition and system requirements.
- Appropriately disseminate systems requirements to sensor & communication technical specialist teams.
- Development of the enterprise-level architecture and associated modelling.
- Accurately define product breakdown structures in accordance with the architecture design and requirements.
- Travel within the UK to meet with our customers and industry partners.
Skills, Qualifications & Knowledge Required
- Substantial systems / enterprise architecture design and requirements management experience.
- Extensive knowledge of the systems engineering lifecycle.
- Expertise with MBSE / architecture tools, languages, and frameworks.
- Ability to cope with a high degree of design complexity and significant levels of uncertainty.
- Knowledge of EW technology, performance, operational capabilities, and use (DAS, EO / IR, Radar, Comms)
- Extensive experience of stakeholder interaction with customers and industrial partners.
- Excellent written and verbal presentation ability.
What will this role provide you with?
- Prestige: You can be at the forefront of the provision of a truly significant UK defence programme; Tempest.
- Influence: You will be able to apply your knowledge and experience to influence the next generation of sensor and communication systems for a next generation combat aircraft.
- Teamwork: You will work alongside like-minded professional engineers in a highly collaborative environment.
- Continuous Learning: You’ll be supported in your on-going professional development though training and mentoring.
- Connections: You will be joining an expansive team of around 7,000 people at six major sites across the UK.
- Legacy: We are proud of our rich heritage in Electronic Warfare (EW); over 100 years of EW history. Today we’re providing the latest advances in radio frequency technology and you can be part of the next 100 year legacy.