Email Marketing Specialist - 12 Months FTC - 30k - Oxford
Are you looking for an opportunity to join a cutting edge marketing operations team? Do you want to work with the latest technology in marketing including Pardot and Marketing Cloud? Then our Email Marketing Specialist position is for you!
The Email Marketing Specialist champions, provides support, and streamlines processes to promote best practice in email marketing automation through the use of Salesforce Marketing Technologies.
This position works with the Head of Marketing Systems to ensure best practices are being followed in email campaign creation, data usage and automation settings. The Email Marketing Specialist coordinates campaigns, provides analysis, and testing in relation to email and automated marketing programs, aiming to drive the effectiveness of our marketing across our B2B channels.
- Work directly with journals and books marketing teams to align strategy and targets of campaigns and ensure delivery business goals.
- Work with marketing and senior stakeholders to understand their marketing automation requirements and turn these into campaigns.
- Oversee system administration tasks for Pardot and Marketing Cloud such as setting up new users, deactivating users and troubleshooting user issues.
- Lead training in Pardot for new marketers and super users.
- Create, optimise and run marketing automation programs in conjunction with marketers.
- Deliver campaigns to high standard, utilising best UI/UX to maximize customer experience/loyalty.
- Ensure campaigns and all digital material meet internal standards of control and delivery and data regulations.
- Help to drive continuous improvement to processes, systems and templates that team members, and the wider department use for email and automated marketing and segmentation management.
- Help to drive and support a programme of testing and analysis which aims inform and improve the email marketing techniques and approaches used across the department.
- Carry out trouble-shooting and provide support to marketing colleagues with their use of email and automated marketing technology.
- Keep up-to-date with industry best practice, trends and standards around email and automated marketing and ensure key information is shared appropriately.
Knowledge and Qualifications
- Experience of working with Salesforce and Pardot. Previous experience of using Marketing Cloud is also desirable.
- Good HTML skills and ability to prepare and optimize images for use online
- An understanding of industry best practice
- B2B marketing experience
- Marketing Automation, customising, segmenting, and launching campaigns
- Passionate about email marketing and keen to learn
Skills and Behaviours Required
- Excellent communication skills, both internally and externally, with both expert staff and non-expert colleagues
- Ability to effectively plan and prioritise, delivering on time.
- Used to working within a compliance framework
- A critical and creative thinker, who seeks opportunities to deliver improvements.
- Building Relationships
- Salesforce.com, Marketing Cloud, or Pardot Certification is a Plus
This role is offered as maternity cover position.
In return we offer: 25 days holiday per annum, (plus an additional 3 days at Christmas) a comprehensive benefits package and company pension scheme.