Server Engineer - DV Cleared
Interested in joining one of the world’s leading defence, aerospace, technology and security companies?
*Employ 6000 people worldwide
*The UK’s largest research and technology organisation.
What you’ll get:
- Flexible working environment
- Technical and personal development
- Career opportunities across multiple domains
- Experience on cutting edge military and security systems
Market leading benefits package which includes:
- Share Incentive Plan
- Group Personal Pension Scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Heath cash plan
- Holiday vouchers and discounts on both holidays and holiday insurance
- Dental insurance
- Buy additional annual leave
- Private Medical Insurance
- Free regular health assessments
- Discounted personal accident insurance
- Reductions on meals out and cinema tickets
- High Street Store Discount scheme
- Payroll giving scheme
Skills and knowledge:
- Requirements capture for IT systems
- System design experience of IT systems
- Configuration of servers and other IT equipment
- Trouble shooting of IT systems
- Providing IT support to customers and users
- Experience of IT integration
- Systems engineering in an IT environment
- Knowledge and detailed experience in deploying and supporting Enterprise Infrastructure Services including directory, messaging, back-up and storage
- Knowledge and experience of lock downs based on Microsoft Group Policy Objects and Group Policy Preference Extensions
- Demonstrable experience of designing and building VMWare ESXi (ideally VCP6.0 or later) and Microsoft Server 2012 (MCSE ideally).
- Experience of systems integration, with appreciation of networking requirements for a server infrastructure.
- Experience in leading and/or mentoring junior team members.
- Knowledge of JSP 604 and 440 and associated JSPs would be desirable.
- Degree in a science, engineering or maths subject or demonstrable equivalent experience.
- Candidates should be willing to undergo government vetting to achieve high level security clearance.
- Innovative Self-starter able to show initiative.
- Offers solutions to problems.
- Able to lead and motivate others while being an enthusiastic team player.
- Evidence in delivering great results.
- Strong risk awareness & quality conscious.
- Able to follow processes and procedures.
For immediate consideration please contact Sam Page
01908 886 037