Digital Learning & Development Manager - Oxford
The role of Digital Learning & Development Manager requires a highly motivated and adaptable individual to lead and support the development of digital, distance and online learning, including virtual learning platforms for courses. The role is responsible for managing the Digital Education Services Team, which includes liaison with all curriculum areas, as well as delivering innovative input into the development of e-learning, distance provision and the digital education vision.
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate ideas, experience and strategic vision in introducing, training and using technology in a range of learning and teaching environments, with a particular interest in virtual reality and gamification. Team working constitutes the key competency for this role, but the role requires a broad range of skills and competencies.
This position will be assigned to a base location however, travel to other sites will be required.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Extensive experience in Learning Technologies and Learning Resources management, in leadership, managerial, or higher management advisory levels.
- Knowledge of current and developing learning and teaching practices in Further Education and their application in educational design, digital and distance learning development.
- An understanding of the pedagogic issues relating to learning technologies.
- A degree or relevant professional qualification in Learning Technologies or Education
- An in-depth understanding of learning technologies including the use of virtual learning environments, computer mediated communications, computer assisted assessment and a selection of content creation tools.
- Evidence of continuing commitment to self-development through courses and research undertaken.
- Proven ability to lead develop and manage a team.
- Proven experience of managing VLEs and preparing online resources using a range of up-to-date technologies.
- Experience in conducting research to support the preparation of business cases.
- Ability to perform effectively and sensitively in a team.
- Ability to make decisions which are informed by dialogue and debate.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to influence and operate at all levels
- Ability to lead and deliver key projects successfully
- Strong planning skills
- Technical knowledge of VLEs and other digital education resources.
- Knowledge of library systems.
- Have an up to date understanding of key developments in Learning Technologies.
- Ability to write concise documentation – technical, business and project-related
- Experience of running a VLE in an FE environment would be an advantage.
- Demonstrated skill in the planning and implementation of strategic operational goals
- Active participation in networks relating to learning technology practice
- Project management skills
- Teaching experience preferably in an FE/HE institution.
- Experience in the development of distance learning courses.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead and manage the staff and resources of the Digital Education Team so as to provide academic professional development, educational design and learning object development and production to support learning and teaching.
- Develop, direct and manage the services of the Digital Education Team to ensure they meet the objectives for learning and teaching.
- Lead the representation of policies and guidelines for the use of learning technologies, digital learning and distance learning.
- Develop and promote the use of learning technologies that support the digital enhancement vision.
- Provide high level advice to the Senior Management teams on strategic issues associated with the use of Learning and Teaching technologies.
- Oversee the management of the clients VLE.
- Maintain knowledge of current practices and future opportunities in learning and teaching and communicate this knowledge to the wider learning community.
- Contribute to the clients reputation through active involvement in professional organisations and, where appropriate, in relevant learning and teaching and/or research activities within the college and/or externally.
- Deliver a balanced and flexible approach to service provision;
- Deliver well-designed services which meet customers' needs - now and in the future.
This is a great role working in a really positive environment. The company are currently going through a period of investment and growth as they further develop their digital offerings and services.