Digital Learning & Development Advisor - Oxford
You’ll be responsible for supporting and disseminating good practice in the use of learning technologies by working closely with curriculum colleagues. This includes running local staff training events and development activities to support the embedding of technology into curriculum planning. Horizon scanning, trialling and evaluating new technologies and pedagogies, this role involves raising awareness and understanding of the potential use of learning technologies, working with teachers to prepare online content in order to supply Learning Technologists with a pipeline of production work, whilst identifying opportunities to embed technology in the classroom. In addition, this position also supports the day-to-day operations of the college learning environments, providing support to staff and students to ensure a high level of customer service at all times.
This position will be assigned to a base location. Occasional travel to other sites will be required.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Knowledge of current and developing learning and teaching practices in Further Education and their application in educational design, digital and distance learning development.
- An understanding of the pedagogic issues relating to learning technologies.
- An understanding of learning technologies including the use of virtual learning environments, computer mediated communications, computer assisted assessment and a selection of content creation tools.
- Evidence of continuing commitment to self-development through courses and research undertaken.
- Proven experience of preparing courseware for online production, including content editing and supporting the storyboarding process
- Experience delivering customer-facing services to staff and students with varying levels of digital literacy
- Experience in conducting research, horizon scanning and presenting proposals
- Experience dealing with student behavior issues and/or classroom management
- Ability to perform effectively and sensitively in a team.
- Ability to make decisions which are informed by dialogue and debate.
- Excellent creative writing skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to influence and operate at all levels
- Ability to lead and deliver key projects successfully
- Strong planning skills
- Knowledge of VLEs and other digital education resources.
- An up to date understanding of key developments in Learning Technologies.
- Ability to write concise documentation –business and project-related
- Active participation in networks relating to learning technology practice
- Project management skills
- Teaching experience preferably in an FE/HE institution.
- Experience in the preparation of content for distance learning courses
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To provide support, advice and guidance to staff in the preparation of courseware for online production by Learning Technologists
- To provide ‘content editing’ services where curriculum staff are unfamiliar with converting traditional material for online use, including application of creative writing techniques and support with structuring resources into a meaningful format
- To develop and manage CPD opportunities for teaching staff to support their understanding of the role of learning technologies in teaching, learning and assessment
- To support the development of the 21st Century learning professional, ensuring staff are equipped with the knowledge and skills required to align new teaching materials with current and emerging technologies
- To project manage the production timeline for online courseware to support the smooth running of the Learning Technologists’ production schedule
- To enter into collaborative/project working with other Digital Education staff and with curriculum areas
- To stay abreast of the changes in how learning technologies are used across the sector and identify opportunities to develop products with commercial value to the business
- To provide daily support to college learning environments, including supporting staff and students with ad hoc library and IT support requests as required.
This is a great role working in a really positive environment. The company are currently going through a period of investment and growth as they further develop their digital offerings and services, so this will be an exciting time to be joining them.