Digital Content Strategist – Local Government
Summary of the work
Work with the client to develop a digital content strategy as part of the Digital by Design programme. This will involve the creation of a task inventory which will help shape the framework for the programme as it moves forward.
Latest start date Thursday 1 March 2018
Expected contract length 3 months
Who the specialist will work with
You'll be working as part of a Digital by Design service and will be based within an E-Services team. You'll work across all service areas to inform the development of the digital content strategy.
What the specialist will work on
The client is looking for an experienced digital content specialist who can help the them shape their digital content strategy around customer needs (tasks) and measurable objectives.
You will liaise with the digital services team, front line customer service teams and business stakeholders to identify customer needs and build a task inventory. The task inventory and content strategy will form a framework for improving content within the wider digital programme.
Onsite 5 days a week for face-to-face meetings with the business and as part of the E-Services Team.
Essential skills and experience
- Experience in creating a content strategy
- Experience in completing a digital content audit or creating a content task inventory
- Able to identify, analyse and prioritise user needs or customer tasks
- Experience in building an Information architecture and using evidence to make digital content easy for customers to find.
- Experience in content design and have a portfolio showcasing ability to structure and write excellent digital copy.
- Experience in creating digital content guidelines and putting standards in place.
Nice-to-have skills and experience
- Experience in working with the public sector preferably local government.
This role is deemed to be outside of IR35