Development Team Lead (Salesforce)
Salary: up to £65,000 + benefits
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Salesforce development team lead. This is a new role which has been created as a result of a technology review which looked to centralize our client’s development capability. This role will be instrumental in building a permanent development capability in order to on-board units onto Salesforce and to continue our consolidation roadmap for those units that are already using the system.
About The Business
Established for nearly 500-years they have always been home to the inquisitive, the passionate, and the ambitious. They thrive on new ideas and fresh thinking, and offer the opportunity for individuals and teams to make their mark.
They invest heavily in innovations in the development and delivery of world-class content, and engage with academics and educators around the world to find new and better ways to make information accessible. With a presence in more than 50 countries and millions of customers around the world, an idea launched at has global impact.
About The Role
We’re looking for someone who relishes a challenge. In a busy environment, this role will oversee the creation and implementation of quality solutions and system designs which are aligned to IT architectures and standards, delivering required outcomes for projects and other change activities.
You will work in a cross-functional, agile team and be part of a new and evolving Global IT function. You and the team will be building and upgrading our in-house business application framework. This framework is used to run applications to manage data, and processes, affecting both internally and externally available computer systems.
- Build/Manage a development team in an Agile framework, adjusting Agile methodology where appropriate
- Manage development of change through the SDC
- Implement and support processes and working practices aligned to our Agile delivery framework
- Create, adjust and maintain delivery processes within the team
- Liaise with project managers, business analysts, product owners, business areas and testing teams
- Manage team and individual performance, including performance appraisals
- Stakeholder management, representing the Enterprise SDC on Project Boards and in CAB
- Creation and maintenance of technical standards and adherence to those standards
- Work with Technical Consultant to Identify and assess technology solution options and associated costs, conduct gap analysis and proof of concepts for new solutions, as appropriate. Advise on preliminary design specifications, time and resource estimates and support business case production.
- Manage resource in matrix-managed environment across multiple concurrent projects
- Proactively maintain and exploit market knowledge of technology options and tools, to identify and create business improvement opportunities. Develop insights (e.g. best practices, vendors, industry trends and innovation) to assist in the sourcing of solutions.
- Ensure design and build of solutions are carried out, in accordance to standards. Review and signoff estimates and technical designs
- With the Technical Consultant, manage the lifecycle of products and solutions in use in the Press, to ensure that they remain within support and maintenance. Analyse vendor roadmaps and end of life cycles and assess their impact on the Press and recommend actions.
- Identify and implement opportunities for innovation and continuous improvement for the Press to benefit from the strategic application of technology.
- Pro-actively demonstrate required behaviours in line with expectations of the role.
- Manage holiday, sickness and absence for the team
- Deputise for the Head of Enterprise SDC, when required.
- If you have the talent and desire to lead a team to deliver high quality, innovative solutions, in a fast-moving environment, then please apply to join us.
To be successful in this role you must have:
- Experience in delivering Salesforce projects
- Experienced development team lead or manager
- Highly organised and proactive approach to leading teams
- Technical background in application development
- Agile / scrum experience, preferably acting as a scrum master
- Highly collaborative, with experience in working in a complex geographical / functional matrix organization
- Facilitation, influencing and negotiation skills
- Knowledge and understanding of world class technology organizations, with a strong external perspective of developments in Technology
- Strong external, market knowledge of target applications, environments, systems software, packages, platforms, development methodologies, etc.
- Ability to simplify and communicate complex concepts and information.
- Interest in expanding knowledge and learning new skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- A degree (or equivalent) in Computer Science, Engineering, or Mathematics and/or several years of experience in the field
- Agile/Scrum master qualification
- Experience in marketing technologies such as Sales Force Marketing Cloud and Pardot
If you are interested in applying or would like to hear more about this opportunity please feel free to contact Teo Rusu on 01908 886 030 or firstname.lastname@example.org