Job Description – Desktop Service Analyst
- Salary: £30,750
- Remote working within the West Brom area, so flexibility is key within the role.
- Car allowance : £5400 per annum,
- Package includes : 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, my staff shop vouchers, cycle to work scheme
- Up to 10% bonus
- Salary Review December 19.
The Desktop Service Analyst’s primary role is to provide direct local support to Business Unit end-users predominately covering desktop and laptop PCs ensuring optimal workstation performance is delivered and SLAs are met. The scope extends to installing, diagnosing, repairing, maintaining, and upgrading associated hardware, software and peripherals, as well as providing elements of end user training and advice where required.
The role also has a secondary remit of being the on-the-ground contact for the central SSC technical teams to provide them with “eyes and hands” for the installation and configuration of infrastructure hardware and software, and to provide support for the investigation and restoration of failed or failing infrastructure services or components.
- Ensure service levels are met and maintained by providing reactive and proactive support in a timely and accurate fashion.
- Install, configure, test, maintain, monitor, and troubleshoot end user workstation hardware, peripheral devices, and networking hardware products.
- Install, configure, test, maintain, monitor, and troubleshoot associated end user workstation software and networking software products.
- Support users in local and remote network connectivity and access, troubleshooting and resolving any connectivity issues.
- Ensure configuration information for hardware and software items is maintained within the SSC’s CMDB.
- Perform on-site analysis, diagnosis, and resolution of complex PC problems recommending and implementing corrective solutions, including off-site repair as needed.
- As necessary, liaise with and co-ordinate third-party support providers and PC equipment vendors.
- Provide training and support to business staff on computer operation.
- Undertake Local Area Network (LAN) support and troubleshooting where required
- Collaborate with other SSC technical teams to provide local on-site assistance.
- Provide guidance to junior members of the team as required.
Desirable Position Requirements
Education & Certification
- College diploma or university degree in the field of computer science and/or be able to clearly demonstrate relevant experience in a similar role(s).
- Possess industry recognised certification(s) (eg MCP, MCSA, CCNA, MCSE, ITIL).
Knowledge & Experience
- Excellent technical knowledge and hands on support of PC hardware and peripherals
- Excellent technical knowledge and hands on support of Microsoft Windows OS suite
- Good knowledge of and hands on support of Microsoft Office products.
- Working technical knowledge of current network protocols, operating systems, and standards.
- Ability to operate tools, components, and peripheral accessories.
- Able to read and understand technical manuals, procedural documentation, and OEM guides.
- Ability to conduct research into PC issues and products as required.
- Exposure to thin client technologies
- Experience of working within an ITIL framework
- Able and available to provide on-call or stand-by support.
- Flexibility to travel to other sites and locations (which may include overnight stays.)
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and to handle other computer components.
- Lifting and transporting of heavy to moderately heavy objects, such as computers and peripherals.
- UK Driving Licence required.
- Exposure to HP and IBM/Lenovo hardware platforms
- Extensive knowledge of Windows 10
- Experience and exposure to SCCM package deployment, PXE builds and manual package deployment.
- SSCM report creation/amending/running a plus.
- Group Policy creation/amendment a plus
- Extensive remote troubleshooting skills (by phone/remote control) remote control tools