Data Protect Team Leader
Peterborough – Great benefits/medical care and career progression
The company is a diversified international food, ingredients and retail group operating in 50 countries. Whilst some companies claim to be ‘the best thing since sliced bread’, this company actually are! In the 1930’s they introduced sliced bread to the UK for the first time.
Reporting to the Operations Security Services Manager, the Data Protect team leader has accountability for leading the successful operation of the team providing 3rd line support services to the service center.
This includes developing, maintaining, supporting, and optimising key functional areas, systems and storage systems.
The position includes day to day management of securing Data, including Hitachi SAN, Brocades, Commvault, SCCM, SSL, Disaster Recovery.
The role pays up to £48,000 + 15% shift allowance + bonus + benefits
This position is responsible for the day to day management of a team of system administration analysts.
- Line management responsibilities for a team of technical staff including coaching, skill development, evaluation, supervision and disciplinary actions. Ensure required levels of support are maintained at all times to meet the needs of the business.
- Pro-active monitoring of the server estate utilising toolsets including SCOM, Castle rock.
- Monitoring and administration of the Hitachi SAN USPV & VSP environments.
- Oversee all reports and documentation related to systems operations.
- Develop maintenance schedules for systems equipment, ensuring the Intel environment is protected against identified vulnerabilities and threats.
- Management of all incidents and service requests assigned to the team’s queue, ensuring these are completed successfully and within SLA.
- Management of suppliers ensuring 3rd party KPIs are met effectively and financial transactions are correct and audited.
- Practice IT configuration management, including maintenance of component inventory and related documentation.
- Disaster Recovery, ensure necessary processes and procedures are in place to maintain or recover the delivery of systems and services in the event of any physical, technical or environmental disaster or major outage, providing continuity of service to the business.
- Test service performance and provide performance statistics and reports; develop strategies for maintaining performance and quality.
- Undertake capacity management for all components supported by the team to ensure we meet business needs now and going forward.
- University degree in the field of computer science or information systems and\or 5 years related work experience.
- Certifications in current ITIL practices
- Certifications in Microsoft Software components can include Server 2003/2008, Exchange 2007/2010 and others, OR a considerable amount of time working within a Microsoft based network.
Knowledge & Experience
- Strong technical knowledge of Intel operating systems, including Windows 2003 to Windows 2008 and Linux.
- Extensive application support experience with Microsoft Exchange and Microsoft messaging.
- Extensive experience of management of large scale Citrix Xenapp 4.5 & 6 deployments.
- Extensive experience of the support and development of a highly available VMWare implementation.
- Experience in the support of enterprise anti-virus technologies.
- Experience in the support and development of enterprise backup and archival technologies, especially CommVault.
- Proven experience in IT infrastructure security.
- Proven experience in IT infrastructure planning and development.
- Excellent understanding of the organisation’s goals and objectives.
- Strong understanding of human resource management principles, practices, and procedures.
- 37.5 hour on-site work week
- Shifts include day shifts 8-4:30 and 1 in 4 week night shift (3:30pm – Midnight)
- Establishing basic principles for safeguarding and reconstructing IT services, including identifying alternative processing arrangements and determining how to obtain supplies and services in an emergency, how to return to normal processing after the security incident, and how to communicate with customers and suppliers.
- Controlling access and access privileges to services based on the individual’s business requirement to view, add, change or delete information and transactions. Control access rights of service providers, suppliers and customers.
- Ensuring that responsibility is identified, documented and allocated to manage all user accounts and security tokens (e.g., passwords, cards, devices) of people within your line of responsibility. Periodically review/confirm the actions and authority of those accounts.
- Logging important security violations (e.g., unauthorised system and network access, virus, misuse, illegal software). Ensure that they are reported immediately and acted upon in a timely manner.
- Enforcing the use of virus protection software and anti-spyware throughout the enterprise’s infrastructure, and maintain up-to-date virus definitions (where appropriate).
If you are interested in this opportunity feel free to contact Teo Rusu on 01908 886 030 or firstname.lastname@example.org