Data Migration Specialist - SC Cleared - London
There is an opportunity to make significant contribution to a new and exciting Digital Transformation programme, which is bringing their business applications into the 21st century and driving efficiency forward by the use of technology.
This role seeks an experienced hands-on Data Migration specialist who will be responsible for design and delivery of a solution to migrate data from legacy system to an on-premise solution. Ideal we are seeking a candidate from technical background who has hands-on data migration experience and has naturally evolved into more senior, customer facing role, with experience of defining and implementing data migration strategy.
Key Tasks and responsibilities:
- Work in an agile delivery team, to assist in designing, planning and managing the data migration & integration work stream for the project.
- Work with departments in gathering requirements for data migration & integration needs, understand data usage and implications for data migration.
- Work with subject matter experts and project team to identify, define, collate, document and communicate the data migration requirements.
- Prepare data migration & integration plans including migration risk, milestones, quality and business sign-off details.
- Implement Maximum Availability (data) Architecture.
- Manage assigned risks and monitor potential impacts as part of the data migration plan.
- Collaborate in developing best practice, processes, and standards for effectively carrying out data migration activities.
- Ensure that a single view of the truth for the assigned data domain is maintained, including business definitions, technical meta data, source system identification, business rules and data quality rules.
- Adhering to security best practices in line with access control and privileges.
- Perform source system data analysis in order to manage source to target data mapping.
- Perform migration and testing of static data and transaction data from one core system to another.
- Perform data migration audit, reconciliation and exception reporting.
- Contribute to weekly progress reports details burn down activity.
- SC clearance
- Proven experience in senior stakeholder management.
- Hand-on technical experience.
- Experience of migrating enterprise scale data from Oracle database as well as paper based files into a digitalised SQL based database.
- Experience of working in time pressured environment, conducting data migration activities as part of the contract exit management strategy.
- Good understanding of MS Dynamics and MS SharePoint data model.
- Experience managing master data, business & technical metadata, data profiling and data quality programs
- Knowledge of MOD and/or Government working at Secret, IT development, Ways of working, Records Management and Security organisations.
- Able to hit the ground running.
- Able to engage with project team members and senior business stakeholders alike.