Data Migration Architect - SC Cleared - London
There is an opportunity to make significant contribution to a new and exciting Digital Transformation programme, which is bringing their business applications into the 21st century and driving efficiency forward by the use of technology.
This role seeks an experienced strategic Data Migration Architect who will have hands-on experience and be responsible for design and delivery of a solution to migrate data from a legacy system to an on-premise solution. Ideally we are seeking a candidate from a technical background who has hands-on data migration experience and has naturally evolved into more senior, customer facing role, with experience of defining and implementing data migration strategy.
Key Tasks and responsibilities:
- Define the overall Data Strategy for the programme
- Develop and own the Data Model for the end to end system
- Liaise with external stakeholders to document the Data Migration Strategy
- Work with third parties to document Data Integration Strategy
- Work in an agile delivery team, to assist in designing, planning and managing all data related elements of the project including reporting, migration and integration
- Select the Reporting tool and the Data Warehouse/Lake structure for the project
- Prepare data migration & integration plans including risks, milestones, quality and business sign-off details.
- Manage data related risks and monitor potential impacts as part of the overall plan.
- Collaborate in developing best practice, processes, and standards for data management.
- Adhering to security best practices in line with access control and privileges.
- Perform source system data analysis in order to manage source to target data mapping.
- Contribute to weekly progress reports details burn down activity.
- Build and Manage team of Data migration analyst.
- Proven experience in managing senior stakeholder management.
- Hands-on technical experience with data migration, integration and reporting
- Good understanding of MS Dynamics data model or another CRM application
- Good understanding Microsoft Technologies like SharePoint, SSRS and Power BI
- Experience of leading master data, business & technical metadata, data profiling and data quality programs
- Experience of working in time pressured environment, conducting data migration activities as part of the contract exit management strategy.
- Knowledge of MOD and/or Government working at Secret, IT development, Ways of working, Records Management and Security organisations.
- Able to hit the ground running.
- Able to engage with project team members and senior business stakeholders alike.
- Experience of migrating enterprise scale data from Oracle databases
- Prior experience of digitising paper records
- Hand on experience of using Scribe to migrate into MS Dynamics
- Experience of working on complex integration project
Due to the nature of this client, individuals with a current SC Clearance are strongly encouraged to apply.
If you are interested in the role but are not sure it is for you please contact me on 01908 030130 or send me an email: email@example.com