Data Migration Analyst / ETL Developer x2 – SC Cleared
Our client is looking for multiple Data Migration Analyst / ETL Developers to join a large-scale project with a strong focus on agile working.
You will be required to migrate data from an on-premise legacy Oracle system and also paper-based files to a new on-premise Microsoft solution. The migration will have highly demanding timescales, so you will need to hit the ground running and deliver a high level of quality from day one. Due to the nature of the project, individuals with experience working within the public sector in either central government or defence environments are preferred.
- ETL Build
- Data migration environment build & test, overall data migration support
- Physical level mapping
- Data Cleansing
- Work in an agile delivery team supporting the data migration & integration work stream for the project.
- Work with subject matter experts and project team to identify, define, collate, document and communicate the data migration requirements.
- Follow data migration & integration plans – highlight and monitor potential risks and impacts
- Collaborate in developing best practice, processes and standards for effectively carrying out data migration activities.
- Adhere to security best practices in line with access control and privileges.
- Contribute to weekly progress reports details burn down activity.
- Strong hands-on Data Migration background (build, test, cleansing, support)
- Proven ETL build experience (SSIS)
- Experience of migrating enterprise scale data from Oracle database as well as paper based files into a digitised SQL based database.
- Experience of working in time pressured environment, conducting data migration activities as part of the contract exit management strategy.
- Good understanding of MS Dynamics and MS SharePoint data model.
- Experience managing master data, business & technical metadata, data profiling and data quality programs
- Be content to travel to other stakeholder locations for up to 4 nights across UK (York and possibly Liverpool, Milton Keynes and other locations as needed).
- Knowledge of MOD and/or Government working at Secret, IT development, Ways of working, Records Management and Security organisations.
Due to the nature of this client individuals with a current SC or DV clearance are strongly encouraged to apply.
If you have any questions regarding the above role do not hesitate to contact me by phone or email
01908 030 130 / firstname.lastname@example.org