Cyber Security Network Engineer
Our client is a global high-tech company and one of the key players in Aerospace, Defence and Security. Our client is the largest inward investor in the UK defence sector, and one of the biggest suppliers of defence equipment to the UK MoD.
Headquartered in Europe, they have over 45,600 employees. With its offices and industrial plants, the Company is present in 180 sites worldwide in addition to strategic partnerships in the most important high potential international markets.
The company are looking to recruit a Cyber Security Network Engineer to join our vibrant community of security professionals within the Security & Information Systems Division of the company. They are looking for creative thinkers who have a passion for applying technology to solve real world problems and developing our next generation of world beating products.
You’ll be joining the Security & Information Systems Division, the division is a pivotal innovator, supplying safety through technology, to provide our customers with more efficient, safe and secure products and services, whatever their requirements.
This is a great opportunity to bring your talents and form an integral part of the company’s future. They can help you develop your skills and offer great opportunities to develop and grow, so why not join them!
You will have the opportunity of working within a truly unique and rewarding mixed team of Military and Civilian Cyber Security specialists. Contracted out of the UK site, you will enjoy an exceptionally comprehensive overseas international assignment package including:
- International Premium Payment: An annual Tax Free payment equal to 15% of the Home Salary on initial departure overseas and thereafter on successful completion of each year.
- Relocation Services: A premium service to assist with expatriation (e.g. housing, school search, shipping, bank accounts, utilities etc) and repatriation at the end of the assignment for employee and family where accompanied.
- Accommodation allowance: minimum £800pcm (increasing dependant on family size) for Belgian accommodation (or managed service apartments subject to availability).
- International Health Insurance: Award winning cover for employee and family including dental.
- Personal Travel Fund: Up to £5000pa claimable for returning to the UK for home visits.
- Tax Support: Tax equalisation scheme [i.e. no different to being in the UK] plus specialist tax advice and services covering both UK and Belgian taxation.
- Shift / Call-Out / Overtime premiums dependant on eligibility of the specific role.
Key Responsibility Areas
You will have strong all round technical abilities with a good working knowledge of network and systems infrastructure technologies. The role demands high proficiency in Cisco and Juniper-based networking and multi-vendor firewall technologies. An awareness of cyber security capabilities and an understanding of enabling security lockdown controls to pass system accreditation would be advantageous.
- Work within a NATO matrix managed Cyber Security Operations and Maintenance team, providing Subject Matter Expertise (SME) to support the continual availability and improvement of NATOs global Cyber Defence systems.
- Carry out Network implementation across multiple work threads providing both operational support and project implementation activities.
- Work closely with the technical support desk in monitoring, troubleshooting and resolving complex technical infrastructure and system problems and carrying out system upgrades.
- Work proactively with other cyber security specialists and engineers to support, optimise and improve the suite of NCIRC system and security devices.
- Carry out configuration and administration of one or more system and security technologies.
- Provide SME to impact evaluations and proposed solutions for NCIRC Change Requests.
- Development of systems engineering artefacts, including documentation to support the delivery and maintenance of system solutions.
- Hold or be able to obtain, National & NATO Security Clearance (e.g. UK SC/NS & UK DV/CTS).
- Understand the constraints of working in secure environments with protectively marked media.
- Hold a valid passport from a NATO Member country.
- Be eligible and able to undertake business travel throughout Europe.
- Be able to represent the company in an International mixed Civilian and Military environment.
- Be able communicate effectively in English (though not necessarily as a first language).
Skills, Qualifications & Knowledge Required
- Enterprise Networking & Services (TCP/IP Networks, devices & services (e.g. DHCP/DNS).
- Good understanding and interest in network protocols alongside the ability to troubleshoot network / system problems at a low level (packet level).
- Knowledge of network technologies to a minimum of CCNA/JNCIA standard and the ability to implement and maintain complex network topologies.
- Expert level of experience supporting and configuring firewall devices including Palo Alto and Cisco ASA.
- Expert level of experience with central VPN installation, including maintenance and troubleshooting with IDS and Firewall technologies, such as Checkpoint firewalls and Juniper VPNs.
- Expert level of experience in implementation, configuration and maintenance of Cisco routing and switching equipment.
- Experience supporting intrusion detection systems / intrusion prevention systems.
- Unix/Linux and Windows operating systems.
- Implementation of security settings relating to any of Cisco, Linux, Unix, Microsoft operating systems. Including security hardening of networking devices.
- Experience of network monitoring such as Solarwinds.
- PKI technologies & implementation of certificate-based solutions.
- Virtual environment architectures and tools.
- Experience of automation tooling / scripting such as Puppet / Python / Perl / PowerShell.
- Previous experience of working within secure / isolated / air gapped environments.
If you are interested and feel you have the right knowledge then please contact Jonny Duggan on 01908 886 038 or email email@example.com.