Our client are looking for an experienced Network Engineer to work full-time at their customer site in Mons, Belgium on an initial 6 month contract.
This is an exciting opportunity for an individual to help drive forward a number of important security & networking projects for the customer.
The selected individual will be working alongside industry leading experts in Cyber & Network Security while engaging with all levels of the business.
The ideal candidate will have experience in working and engaging with large multinational projects, preferably in the defence sector and exceptional stakeholder management.
You will have strong all round technical abilities with a good working knowledge of network and systems infrastructure technologies. The role demands high proficiency in Cisco and Juniper-based networking and multi-vendor firewall technologies. An awareness of cyber security capabilities and an understanding of enabling security lockdown controls to pass system accreditation would be advantageous.
- Work within a NATO matrix managed Cyber Security Operations and Maintenance team, providing Subject Matter Expertise (SME) to support the continual availability and improvement of NATOs global Cyber Defence systems.
- Carry out Network implementation across multiple work threads providing both operational support and project implementation activities.
- Work closely with the technical support desk in monitoring, troubleshooting and resolving complex technical infrastructure and system problems and carrying out system upgrades.
- Work proactively with other cyber security specialists and engineers to support, optimise and improve the suite of NCIRC system and security devices.
- Carry out configuration and administration of one or more system and security technologies.
- Provide SME to impact evaluations and proposed solutions for NCIRC Change Requests.
- Development of systems engineering artefacts, including documentation to support the delivery and maintenance of system solutions.
- Enterprise Networking & Services (TCP/IP Networks, devices & services (e.g. DHCP/DNS).
- Good understanding and interest in network protocols alongside the ability to troubleshoot network / system problems at a low level (packet level).
- Knowledge of network technologies to a minimum of CCNA/JNCIA standard and the ability to implement and maintain complex network topologies.
- Expert level of experience supporting and configuring firewall devices including Palo Alto and Cisco ASA.
- Expert level of experience with central VPN installation, including maintenance and troubleshooting with IDS and Firewall technologies, such as Checkpoint firewalls and Juniper VPNs.
- Expert level of experience in implementation, configuration and maintenance of Cisco routing and switching equipment.
- Experience supporting intrusion detection systems / intrusion prevention systems.
- Unix/Linux and Windows operating systems.
- Implementation of security settings relating to any of Cisco, Linux, Unix, Microsoft operating systems. Including security hardening of networking devices.
- Experience of network monitoring such as Solarwinds.
- PKI technologies & implementation of certificate-based solutions.
- Virtual environment architectures and tools.
- Experience of automation tooling / scripting such as Puppet / Python / Perl / PowerShell.
- Previous experience of working within secure / isolated / air gapped environments.
Due to the nature of this client individuals with a current SC or NATO Secret clearance are strongly encouraged to apply.
If you have any questions regarding the above role do not hesitate to contact me by phone or email (01908 030 130 / firstname.lastname@example.org)