Job Title: Cyber Security Engineer (FPC)
Location: Mons, Belgium
Salary: £neg. depending on experience
Our client is a global high-tech company and one of the key players in Aerospace, Defence and Security. Our client is the largest inward investor in the UK defence sector, and one of the biggest suppliers of defence equipment to the UK MoD.
Headquartered in Europe, they have over 45,600 employees. With its offices and industrial plants, the Company is present in 180 sites worldwide in addition to strategic partnerships in the most important high potential international markets.
What’s in it for you?
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays.
- Award-winning pension scheme
- Flexible working and additional flex-leave schemes
- Salary sacrifice schemes including childcare voucher scheme
- Generous relocation package
- Onsite Occupational Health Service
- Onsite shops and restaurant facilities
- Employee discount schemes
- Learning & Development budgets
- Career break scheme
- Reserve Forces support
Our client is looking to recruit Systems Engineers based in Belgium full time. The successful candidates will be working in a customer facing environment, whose primary objective is to support and maintain existing cyber protection capabilities.
The role requires candidates with an excellent working knowledge of network and systems infrastructure technologies to support, maintain and develop complex I.T systems.
The successful candidate will be a member of a specialised engineering team that is responsible for the ongoing systems support, upgrade and improvement.
The successful candidate must have a strong all round technical ability. The need to work independently and proactively is vital.
Key Responsibility Areas
- System support and maintenance with the goal of retaining service continuity
- Provide specialist technical support in a customer facing role, where the customers are experts in their respective fields so in depth knowledge of SOC operations is vital.
- Work with event analysts to understand their current product / analytical requirements and devise suitable solutions, whilst considering system sustainability and associated costs.
Skills, Qualifications and Knowledge
- Strong all round Linux CLI administration and configuration
- Networking experience (VPN, firewalls, routing and switching)
- Strong understanding and interest in network protocols alongside the ability to troubleshoot network / system problems at a very low level (packet level)
- Experience within an enterprise SOC environment
- SIEM experience (either as an end user or tools manager)
- Experience of automation tooling / scripting such as Puppet / Python / Perl
- Experience of cyber security tools such as Nessus, SourceFire, Cisco, Palo Alto, RSA Netwitness, NetScout, Wireshark, Bluecoat Security Analytics, IDS/IPS, ArcSight, Splunk, LogRhythm.
- Existing security clearance (SC, DV)
- Previous experience of working within secure / isolated / air gapped environments.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to manage workload in pressurised environments, whilst balancing time and quality.
- Personable and flexible, willing to work in a highly focused and demanding environment
- Highly motivated, with the aptitude to learn new skills
- Comfortable working in mainland Europe 100% of the time.
- Ability to manage workload for themselves and the team in pressurised environments to Time, Quality and Standards
- Security clearances to SC minimum
- Ability to undertake International Assignment
- Aptitude to learn new skills
- Primarily an office-based project role using a variety of equipment including display screen equipment
- Travel will be required in mainland UK and Europe
- Successful candidates with be expected to undertake a period of International Assignment.
For immediate consideration please contact Teo Rusu on 01908 886030 or email firstname.lastname@example.org