Cyber Security Event Analyst
You will have the opportunity of working within a truly unique and rewarding mixed team of Military and Civilian Cyber Security specialists. Based in Mons, Belgium you will be directly involved day to day in maintaining the integrity of the client’s global Cyber Security Defence posture. The client’s Computer Incident Response Centre (NCIRC) is one of the largest fully integrated global Cyber Defence capabilities in the world. This capability requires a combined international team of 250+ industry analysts and engineers, to operate and maintain the wide range of Cyber Security services and the complex infrastructure on which they run, installed at over 100 sites in all 29 countries.
Contracted out of the company’s UK site in Bristol, you will enjoy an exceptionally comprehensive overseas international assignment package including:
- International Premium Payment: An annual Tax Free payment equal to 15% of the Home Salary on initial departure overseas and thereafter on successful completion of each year.
- Relocation Services: A premium service to assist with expatriation (e.g. housing, school search, shipping, bank accounts, utilities etc) and repatriation at the end of the assignment for employee and family where accompanied.
- Accommodation allowance: minimum £800pcm (increasing dependant on family size) for Belgian accommodation (or managed service apartments subject to availability).
- International Health Insurance: Award winning cover for employee and family including dental.
- Personal Travel Fund: Up to £5000 per annum claimable for returning to the UK for home visits.
- Tax Support: Tax equalisation scheme [i.e. no different to being in the UK] plus specialist tax advice and services covering both UK and Belgian taxation.
- Shift / Call-Out / Overtime premiums dependant on eligibility of the specific role.
The company believe that their employees work best when they are able to achieve balance between work and other aspects of life - which means more time to enjoy the opportunity of exploring the many great locations in continental Europe which are within easy reach of Mons. That’s why we are committed to designing policies and developing a working environment that promote the benefits and well-being of all our employees.
Key Responsibility Areas
You will be required to use your experience in the analysis and handling of security events to carry out the day-to-day identification of security related events and will need to draw on your demonstrable experience in the analysis and handling of security events.
• Work within a matrix managed Cyber Security Incident Management team.
• Appropriately leverage the comprehensive extended toolset (e.g. Log Collection, Intrusion Detection, Packet Capture, VA, Network Devices etc.) for enhancing investigations.
• Propose possible optimisations and enhancement which help to both maintain and improve the client’s Cyber Security posture.
• Provide Subject Matter Expertise supporting the end-to-end Incident Handling process.
• Monitor system status outside of working hours understanding how this relates to Security posture and escalating technical issues to duty staff.
The role requires a high level of experience in a minimum of one of the following key cyber security area, along with a working level experience across a broad selection of other technologies. E.g. NIPS, NIDS, HIDS, Computer Forensics tools, Vulnerability Assessment tools, Firewalls, CIRT and CERT.
Skills, Qualifications & Knowledge Required
- Security event management and analysis, especially: configuration, operation, troubleshooting, and management of ArcSight products.
- Management, use and analysis of events from Network Based Intrusion Detection Systems (NIDS) and Host Based Intrusion Detection Systems (HIDS).
- Deployment, configuration and maintenance of network security appliances and networking devices and associated management software.
- Knowledge in the use of a variety of Security Event generating sources (e.g. Firewalls, IDS, Routers, Security Appliances).
- Network, system and application level troubleshooting techniques.
- Computer incident response centre (CIRT), computer emergency response team (CERT).
- Computer forensics tools (stand alone and on-line and network).
- Computer security tools (Vulnerability Assessment, Anti-virus, Protocol Analysis, Anti-Virus, Protocol Analysis, Anti-Spyware, etc).
- Secure web design and development.
- Military communication systems and networks.
- Analyse diverse sources of information.
- Break information into component parts, patterns and relationships.
- Probe for further information or greater understanding of a problem.
- Make rational judgement from the available information and analysis.
- Produce workable solutions to a range of problems and demonstrate an understanding of how one issue may be a part of a much larger system.
- Desirable to have one of more professional SANS (e.g. GSEC,GCIA) or CISSP certifications.
Candidates must either hold or be able to obtain National & NATO Security Clearance (e.g. UK SC/NS & UK DV/CTS). Candidates must also hold a valid passport from a NATO Member country.
For an informal chat or to apply for this position. Please contact Jonny Duggan on firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 01908 886 038.