Cyber Security Engineer (SIEM)
Mons, Belgium – SC Clearance or eligible for SC Clearance at a minimum
£NEG depending on experience
Our client is a global high-tech company and one of the key players in Aerospace, Defence and Security. Our client is the largest inward investor in the UK defence sector, and one of the biggest suppliers of defence equipment to the UK MoD.
Headquartered in Europe, they have over 45,600 employees. With its offices and industrial plants, the Company is present in 180 sites worldwide in addition to strategic partnerships in the most important high potential international markets.
We are looking to recruit a Cyber Security Engineer/SIEM Specialist to join our, vibrant community of security professionals within the Security & Information Systems Division of Leonardo. We are looking for creative thinkers who have a passion for applying technology to solve real world problems and developing our next generation of world beating products.
You’ll be joining the Security & Information Systems Division, the division is a pivotal innovator, supplying safety through technology, to provide our customers with more efficient, safe and secure products and services, whatever their requirements.
This is a great opportunity to bring your talents and form an integral part of Leonardo’s future. We can help you develop your skills and offer great opportunities to develop and grow, so why not join us!
Our client requires a Cyber Security Engineer/SIEM Specialist, based out in Mons, Belgium, on our client site. The successful candidate will be required to use their in-depth knowledge of SIEM technologies and cyber security techniques to act as a technical lead for a small team in the delivery of either individual standalone projects or elements of a bigger programme. The role requires the ability to take high-level architectural views and translate these designs into detailed design packages or work packages for team delivery. The role will require a hands-on approach, and the successful candidate must be proactive, diligent with a strong technical ability and be well versed in working with integration, project and delivery teams. We will provide support to help your move out to Mons, so why not take this opportunity to utilise your skills and move abroad!
Why join us?
At the company, we believe that our employees work best when they are able to achieve balance between work and other aspects of life. That’s why we are committed to designing policies and developing a working environment that promote the benefits and well-being of all our employees.
We want to support you and encourage you to fulfil your potential through:
- Supportive relocation package: to make your move to Mons even more attractive
- Learning & Development: We help assess your development needs in line with the role you wish to perform, and allow you to further develop your knowledge.
- Flex-leave schemes: We offer our employees the time and flexibility they need to enjoy a balanced life.
- Annual leave: We offer 25 days holiday plus 8 bank holidays.
- Award-winning pension scheme: Our multi-award-winning pension scheme includes generous employer contribution.
- Employee discount schemes: We offer you and your family an attractive range of discounts from retail and cinema to hotel bookings and vehicles benefits.
- Reserve Forces: We provide positive support to the Reserve Forces and allow employees who are Reservists to take additional time off.
- Maternity leave: We have very flexible working arrangements and advantageous Maternity Policy
- Paternity, parental, adoption and dependent leave: We care to ensure that we consider every aspect of your needs. All these policies are covered as part of our Work-Life Balance Policy.
- Salary sacrifice schemes including childcare voucher scheme: We encourage working parents to save money on childcare by offering them several advantageous facilities and vouchers.
- Career break: Where appropriate, we support our employees in pursuing other interests outside the workplace.
Want to know more about what you’ll do?
Key Responsibility Areas
- Subject Matter Expert as part of a small engineering team.
- Supports to bids and the translation of High Level Designs into Low Level Design.
- Creation of work packages for the team.
- Support to the Project and Business Unit Leader in the execution of these duties.
- Knowledge transfer and mentoring the team.
- Hands on deployment of their knowledge of SIEM and other cyber security technologies.
- Fault finding and problem solving.
- Experienced ArcSight Admin.
- Experienced with log aggregation technologies.
Skills, Qualifications & Knowledge Required
Skills and experience in the following areas is mandatory:
- Linux experience (RedHat / CentOS).
- Experienced in the use of one or more SIEM products e.g. Arcsight, QRadar, RSA, McAfee, LogRythym, Splunk.
- Experienced with supplementary SOC products i.e. IDS, Packet Capture, DLP, Forensics, Vulnerability assessment tools etc.
- Good understanding of application protocols (HTTP, DNS, FTP, etc.) and networking protocols (TCP, UDP, ARP).
- Good understanding of network device, security device and operating system logging capabilities.
- Experienced with integrating existing IT infrastructures into a SIEM / SOC solution from inception through to support.
- Strong understanding and experience implementing alert correlation with multiple data sources within a SIEM.
- Understanding of various SOC standards and reporting requirements i.e. GPG13.
- Experience implementing SOC reporting and governance.
- Experience with SOC automation and workflow products such as Archer GRC.
You will possess the following personal characteristics:
- Ability to manage workload for themselves and the team to Time, Quality and Standards.
- Willingness to be stationed in mainland Europe.
- Aptitude to learn new skills.
For immediate consideration and a confidential conversation please contact Jonny Duggan.
01908 886 038