Our client are looking for an experienced Security Engineer to work full-time at their customer site in Mons, Belgium on an initial 2 month contract
This is an exciting opportunity for an individual to help drive forward an important security project for the customer.
The selected individual will be working alongside industry leading experts in Cyber Security while engaging with all levels of the business in order to carry out tasks.
The ideal candidate will have experience in working and engaging with large multinational projects, preferably in the defence sector and exceptional stakeholder management.
The full job description is as follows:
Cyber Security Engineer
Mons, Walloon Region, Belgium
Immediate start until end of Dec 2018 (extension likely) / Full time onsite at NATO SHAPE in MONS, BELGIUM
The primary function of this position will be to install and deploy replacement technologies to address the obsolescence of Cyber Defence capabilities that protect the RSM Operational networks in Afghanistan. The secondary function of this position will be to install, deploy, update, maintain, configure and keep in operational conditions the Cyber Defence capabilities as deployed to protect the RSM Operational networks in Afghanistan. The consultant will be required to manage and administer the underlying infrastructure to support the efficient operation of the Central Management facilities. The Consultant will work with the organic NCIRC Technical Centre staff to develop and enhance the existing interfaces and remote data feeds from RSM Cyber Defence capabilities to the NCIRC Security Information and Event Management system.Responsibilities will include assisting in the development of the NCIRC TC processes and procedures, to provide a cohesive and effective NATO wide incident response capability. He/she shall have strong verbal and written communication skills, and be able to support NCIRC TC staff as necessary in the roles required to support the operational services. All works performed must be clearly documented to provide the NCIRC TC staff with the knowledge to train further Security engineers and allow the standardisation of internal procedures. Any reference NCIRC documentation falling under the responsibility of the NCIRC TC will also need to be updated as required.
- Have at least 2 years proven experience in the management, configuration and deployment of Network Security related systems, Network Security appliances and associated management software
- Have at least 2 years proven experience in the deployment, configuration and maintenance of networking devices and associated management software
- Have proven experience in the configuration and management of Host Based Intrusion Detection and/or Prevention Systems (HIDS/HIPS)
- Have proven experience in the configuration and management of Online Vulnerability Management Systems (Online VM). Experience on Tenable Nessus product is an asset.
- Have proven experience in the configuration and management of Full Packet Capture devices (FPC). Experience on NIKSUN NetDetector and RSA Netwitness appliances is an asset.
- Have proven experience in the configuration and management of Network Based Intrusion Detection and/or Prevention Systems (NIDS/NIPS).
- Experience on NIKSUN and Cisco FirePOWER appliances is an asset.
- Have a good understanding of the deployment, configuration and maintenance of networking devices and associated management software.
- Have demonstrable knowledge in the use of Network Protocol Analysis tools. Experience on Wireshark and TCPDump products is an asset.
- Have demonstrable knowledge in the transfer protocols and the format of a variety of Security Events and logs and its generating sources (i.e. Firewalls, IDS, Routers, Security appliances etc)
- Have proven experience gained within a CIRC/CERT/SOC environment.
Due to the nature of this client, individuals with current NATO COSMIC clearance are strongly encouraged to apply