Cyber Security Engineer
You will have the opportunity of working within a truly unique and rewarding mixed team of Military and Civilian Cyber Security specialists. Based in Mons, Belgium you will be directly involved day to day in maintaining the integrity of the client’s global Cyber Security Defence posture. The client’s Computer Incident Response Centre (NCIRC) is one of the largest fully integrated global Cyber Defence capabilities in the world. This capability requires a combined international team of 250+ industry analysts and engineers, to operate and maintain the wide range of Cyber Security services and the complex infrastructure on which they run, installed at over 100 sites in all 29 countries.
Contracted out of the company’s UK site in Bristol, you will enjoy an exceptionally comprehensive overseas international assignment package including:
- International Premium Payment: An annual Tax Free payment equal to 15% of the Home Salary on initial departure overseas and thereafter on successful completion of each year.
- Relocation Services: A premium service to assist with expatriation (e.g. housing, school search, shipping, bank accounts, utilities etc) and repatriation at the end of the assignment for employee and family where accompanied.
- Accommodation allowance: minimum £800pcm (increasing dependant on family size) for Belgian accommodation (or managed service apartments subject to availability).
- International Health Insurance: Award winning cover for employee and family including dental.
- Personal Travel Fund: Up to £5000 per annum claimable for returning to the UK for home visits.
- Tax Support: Tax equalisation scheme [i.e. no different to being in the UK] plus specialist tax advice and services covering both UK and Belgian taxation.
- Shift / Call-Out / Overtime premiums dependant on eligibility of the specific role.
The company believe that their employees work best when they are able to achieve balance between work and other aspects of life - which means more time to enjoy the opportunity of exploring the many great locations in continental Europe which are within easy reach of Mons. That’s why we are committed to designing policies and developing a working environment that promote the benefits and well-being of all our employees.
Key Responsibility Areas
You will have strong all round technical abilities with a good working knowledge of network and systems infrastructure technologies. The role demands high proficiency in Cisco and Juniper-based networking and multi-vendor firewall technologies. An awareness of cyber security capabilities and an understanding of enabling security lockdown controls to pass system accreditation would be advantageous.
- Work within a matrix managed Cyber Security Operations and Maintenance team, providing Subject Matter Expertise (SME) to support the continual availability and improvement of the client’s global Cyber Defence systems.
- Carry out Network implementation across multiple work threads providing both operational support and project implementation activities.
- Work closely with the technical support desk in monitoring, troubleshooting and resolving complex technical infrastructure and system problems and carrying out system upgrades.
- Work proactively with other cyber security specialists and engineers to support, optimise and improve the suite of NCIRC system and security devices.
- Carry out configuration and administration of one or more system and security technologies.
- Provide SME to impact evaluations and proposed solutions for NCIRC Change Requests.
- Development of systems engineering artefacts, including documentation to support the delivery and maintenance of system solutions
Skills, Qualifications & Knowledge Required
- Enterprise Networking & Services (TCP/IP Networks, devices & services (e.g. DHCP/DNS).
- Good understanding and interest in network protocols alongside the ability to troubleshoot network/system problems at a low level (packet level).
- Knowledge of network technologies to a minimum of CCNA/JNCIA standard and the ability to implement and maintain complex network topologies.
- Expert level of experience supporting and configuring firewall devices including Palo Alto and Cisco ASA.
- Expert level of experience with central VPN installation, including maintenance and troubleshooting with IDS and Firewall technologies, such as Checkpoint firewalls and Juniper VPNs.
- Expert level of experience in implementation, configuration and maintenance of Cisco routing and switching equipment.
- Experience supporting intrusion detection systems / intrusion prevention systems.
- Unix/Linux and Windows operating systems.
- Implementation of security settings relating to any of Cisco, Linux, Unix, Microsoft operating systems. Including security hardening of networking devices.
- Experience of network monitoring such as Solarwinds.
- PKI technologies & implementation of certificate-based solutions.
- Virtual environment architectures and tools.
- Experience of automation tooling / scripting such as Puppet / Python / Perl / PowerShell.
- Previous experience of working within secure / isolated / air gapped environments.
Candidates must either hold or be able to obtain National & NATO Security Clearance (e.g. UK SC/NS & UK DV/CTS). Candidates must also hold a valid passport from a NATO Member country. For an informal chat or to apply for this position. Please contact Jonny Duggan on firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 01908 886 038.