Cyber Security Engineer
You’ll be joining our Security & Information Systems Division (S&IS), the division is a pivotal innovator, supplying safety through technology, to provide our customers with more efficient, safe and secure products and services, whatever their requirements may be.
The division is a world leader in safety-through-technology, providing tailored solutions for customers in public administration, public safety and security, critical infrastructure, services, transport, large companies, post and logistics.
S&IS (UK) is at the forefront of supplying technology and services for both civil and defence markets, in both the UK and around the world, to enhance the capabilities of its Customers and we need people like you!
You will be joining our highly skilled team at our Bristol site. This is a great opportunity to bring your talents and form an integral part of the company’s future. We can help you develop your skills and offer great opportunities to develop and grow, so why not join us!
As a Device Manager within the SOC you are responsible for the day-to-day management of the SOC networks and security device management ensuring operational running to allow the analysts to conduct protective monitoring and incident response in line with SLAs for the SOCs clients. If that sounds like your thing, here’s a few of the great things you can expect when you join the team.
Bristol is regularly voted one of the world’s best places to live. It’s beautiful, a small city that feels like a big city, handily placed for seaside and scenery, but hardly cut off from the rest of the country. It has brilliant food and drink scene and tons of culture, famed for Banksy, Brunel and the invention of Ribena, it’s a quirky city that attracts people of all ages. You can float above the city in a hot-air balloon, or spend a day in the foodie quarter of Wapping Wharf, you’ll never be bored!
We offer fantastic opportunities for learning, development and professional growth. Your career will be massively varied. Learning on the job isn’t just a benefit – it’s a must!
Just some more perks of joining our team…
At the company, we believe that our employees work best when they are able to achieve balance between work and other aspects of life and so that you can enjoy the great city of Bristol! That’s why we are committed to designing policies and developing a working environment that promote the benefits and well-being of all our employees.
We want to support you and encourage you to fulfil your potential through:
Flex-leave schemes: We offer our employees the time and flexibility they need to enjoy a balanced life.
Annual leave: We offer 25 days holiday plus 8 bank holidays.
Supportive relocation package: To make your move to Bristol even more attractive
Key Responsibility Areas
So let’s get down to what you will do!
- Provide engineering support activities of all security devices under the remit of the SOC, ensuring remediation of issues are resolved in a timely fashion as directed by the DM Lead
- Assist in the development and ongoing support of the architecture and systems that are to provide and support SOC services.
- Assist in the build, integration, deployment and acceptance testing of SOC services for clients, in-particular on-boarding activities.
- Work closely with Engineering Services when escalated support for the network or security devices within the SOC is required.
- Act as a member of the SOC Change Advisory Board.
- Establish strong and sustainable working relationships with clients' networks team for security device reporting and changes.
- Ensure internal faults and support tickets are dealt with and remediated in a timely manner.
- Maintain the SOC CMDB
- Undertake backups, capacity management and best practise network administration in line with MoD accreditation, ISO27001 and ITIL Service Management.
- Undertake routine knowledge sharing with the CIRT and Security Event Analysts
- Ensure all Device Manager relevant work instructions, processes and procedures are regularly reviewed and maintained.
Skills, Qualifications & Knowledge Required
- LogRhythm SIEM
- Network Operations
- Network Security
- MS Windows Active Directory
- Virtualisation Technologies
- CISCO CCNA, CCNP or similar
- Security Device Management experience.
If you are interested in hearing more then please get in contact with Jonny Duggan on 01908 886 038 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.