Cyber Security Engineer
Bristol, UK – SC Clearance or eligible for SC Clearance at a minimum
£NEG depending on experience
Our client is a global high-tech company and one of the key players in Aerospace, Defence and Security. Our client is the largest inward investor in the UK defence sector, and one of the biggest suppliers of defence equipment to the UK MoD.
Headquartered in Europe, they have over 45,600 employees. With its offices and industrial plants, the Company is present in 180 sites worldwide in addition to strategic partnerships in the most important high potential international markets.
The company are looking to recruit a Cyber Security Engineer to join our, vibrant community of security professionals within the Security & Information Systems Division of the company. They are looking for creative thinkers who have a passion for applying technology to solve real world problems and developing our next generation of world beating products.
You’ll be joining the Security & Information Systems Division, the division is a pivotal innovator, supplying safety through technology, to provide our customers with more efficient, safe and secure products and services, whatever their requirements.
This is a great opportunity to bring your talents and form an integral part of the company’s future. They can help you develop your skills and offer great opportunities to develop and grow, so why not join us!
They believe that their employees work best when they are able to achieve balance between work and other aspects of life and so that you can enjoy the great city of Bristol! That’s why they are committed to designing policies and developing a working environment that promote the benefits and well-being of all their employees.
The company wants to support you and encourage you to fulfil your potential through:
- Flex-leave schemes: They offer their employees the time and flexibility they need to enjoy a balanced life.
- Annual leave: They offer 25 days holiday plus 8 bank holidays.
- Learning & Development: They help assess your development needs in line with the role you wish to perform, and allow you to further develop your knowledge.
- Award-winning pension scheme: The Company’s multi-award-winning pension scheme includes generous employer contribution.
- Employee discount schemes: They offer you and your family an attractive range of discounts from retail and cinema to hotel bookings and vehicles benefits.
- Maternity leave: They have very flexible working arrangements and advantageous Maternity Policy
- Free parking: This is available on or near all our sites.
- Salary sacrifice schemes including childcare voucher scheme: They encourage working parents to save money on childcare by offering them several advantageous facilities and vouchers.
- Career break: Where appropriate, they support our employees in pursuing other interests outside the workplace.
Key Responsibility Areas
So let’s get down to what you will do!
- Provide engineering support activities of all security devices under the remit of the SOC, ensuring remediation of issues are resolved in a timely fashion as directed by the DM Lead.
- Assist in the development and ongoing support of the architecture and systems that are to provide and support SOC services.
- Assist in the build, integration, deployment and acceptance testing of SOC services for clients, in-particular on-boarding activities.
- Work closely with Engineering Services when escalated support for the network or security devices within the SOC is required.
- Act as a member of the SOC Change Advisory Board.
- Establish strong and sustainable working relationships with clients' networks team for security device reporting and changes.
- Ensure internal faults and support tickets are dealt with and remediated in a timely manner.
- Maintain the SOC CMDB.
- Undertake backups, capacity management and best practise network administration in line with MoD accreditation, ISO27001 and ITIL Service Management.
- Undertake routine knowledge sharing with the CIRT and Security Event Analysts.
- Ensure all Device Manager relevant work instructions, processes and procedures are regularly reviewed and maintained.
It would be beneficial if you could also be able to talk about:
- LogRhythm SIEM
- Network Operations
- Network Security
- MS Windows Active Directory
- Virtualisation Technologies
- CISCO CCNA, CCNP or similar
- Security Device Management experience
If you are interested and feel you have the right knowledge then please contact Jonny Duggan on 01908 886 038 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.