Cyber Security Consultant
£NEG depending on experience
Our client is a global high-tech company and one of the key players in Aerospace, Defence and Security. Our client is the largest inward investor in the UK defence sector, and one of the biggest suppliers of defence equipment to the UK MoD.
Headquartered in Europe, they have over 45,600 employees. With its offices and industrial plants, the Company is present in 180 sites worldwide in addition to strategic partnerships in the most important high potential international markets.
We are looking to recruit Cyber Security Consultants to join our, vibrant community of security professionals within the Security & Information Systems Division. We are looking for creative thinkers who have a passion for applying technology to solve real world problems and developing our next generation of world beating products.
The Security & Information Systems Division (S&IS) is a pivotal innovator, supplying safety through technology, to provide our customers with more efficient, safe and secure products and services, whatever their requirements.
The company's Cyber Consulting practice provides a broad range of independent advice and specialist technical services to identify manage and mitigate the risk associated with ICT systems. The company are seeking to grow the practice through the addition of experienced professionals who are looking for a leadership role within Cyber Security and Information Assurance in a diverse, challenging environment. You will work at the core of our customers’ mission to defend themselves from cyber-attacks by helping them to clearly understand their exposure and put in place the best suited controls. Your engagements will be consulting-led, focused on understanding our customers’ business, building trust and providing cyber security expertise
In addition to providing Cyber Security services to our clients you will also be deployed within the wider business, which could include providing support to the company's Enterprise Solutions and Secure Operations Centre to assist developing secure solutions for in-house and external clients.
Benefits and Working Environment
We offer fantastic opportunities for learning, development and professional growth. Your career will be massively varied. Learning on the job isn’t just a benefit – it’s a must!
At the company, we believe that our employees work best when they are able to achieve balance between work and other aspects of life and so that you can enjoy the great city of Bristol! That’s why we are committed to designing policies and developing a working environment that promote the benefits and well-being of all our employees.
We want to support you and encourage you to fulfil your potential through:
- Flex-leave schemes: We offer our employees the time and flexibility they need to enjoy a balanced life.
- Annual leave: We offer 25 days holiday plus 8 bank holidays.
- Supportive relocation package: to make your move to Bristol even more attractive
- Learning & Development: We help assess your development needs in line with the role you wish to perform, and allow you to further develop your knowledge.
- Award-winning pension scheme: Our multi-award-winning pension scheme includes generous employer contribution.
- Employee discount schemes: We offer you and your family an attractive range of discounts from retail and cinema to hotel bookings and vehicles benefits.
- Reserve Forces: We provide positive support to the Reserve Forces and allow employees who are Reservists to take additional time off.
- Generous relocation package: We offer an excellent package to ease the move for people relocating for work.
- Maternity leave: We have very flexible working arrangements and advantageous Maternity Policy
- Paternity, parental, adoption and dependent leave: We care to ensure that we consider every aspect of your needs. All these policies are covered as part of our Work-Life Balance Policy.
- Free parking: This is available on or near all our sites.
- Salary sacrifice schemes including childcare voucher scheme: We encourage working parents to save money on childcare by offering them several advantageous facilities and vouchers.
- Career break: Where appropriate, we support our employees in pursuing other interests outside the workplace.
Key Responsibility Areas
So let’s get down to what you will do!
- You’ll be delivering against customer requirements, including analysing data / problems and using relevant expertise / tools to define potential solutions
- Work as part of an internal or customer team, delivering services, designs and solutions to meet defined project scope
- Build and maintain good customer relations
- Operate independently in setting and delivering work schedule, managing your own time to deliver allocated tasks
- Providing provision of advice and consultancy services to Government and Commercial clients.
- Assist with the formulation and coordination of bids and proposals, providing specialist input through knowledge, examples and research
- Contribute your specialist knowledge and experience to support pre-sales analysis and enquiries
- Undertake complex problem analysis and solution development in support of consulting tasks
- Mentor, coach and develop more junior members of the team in order to develop overall capability
Skills, Qualifications & Knowledge Required
- Your broad ICT cyber security technical knowledge;
- Your security professional certifications (such as CISSP, CISM; and CCP SIRA and/or IA Architect or similar)
- Your consultancy skills – building client relations; flexibility in working hours and locations; adaptability to changing schedules; reliability and quality of task delivery; team player
- Your ability to work with ambiguity
- Your capability of communicating with a range of stakeholders within organisations.
- Your capability of working in multi-discipline teams but also on your own initiative.
These additional skills will also help:
- Good understanding of physical, personnel, procedural and technical security controls and how to apply them
- Knowledge of the security issues associated with existing, current and emerging technologies Experience of conducting Business Development activities and pre sales support
- including cloud, virtualisation and web
- Knowledge of a range of InfoSec methods, tools and techniques including those covered by current HMG, MOD and NCSC policy and guidance
- Ability to interpret and advise on current HMG, NCSC and MOD Security policy and guidance.
- Experience in delivery of Cyber Vulnerability Investigations
Ability to provide advice and guidance on a range of topics for example:
- Networks and Information Systems (NIS) directive
- System Security Policy / ISMS development
- Security auditing and assessment against HMG and Industry standards / frameworks
- Protective Monitoring
- Business Continuity/Disaster Recovery.
For immediate consideration and a confidential conversation please contact Jonny Duggan.
01908 886 038