Cyber Defence (SOC) Team Leader
Salary: Total Package up to circa £50k
Our client is a diversified international food, ingredients and retail group operating in 50 countries. Whilst some companies claim to be ‘the best thing since sliced bread’, this company actually are! In the 1930’s they introduced sliced bread to the UK for the first time.
Their Security Operations team provides a suite of operationally focused services to businesses. The Security Operations Centre is at the heart of that provision, providing detection and response services that quickly identify and effectively respond to cyber threats.
Reporting to the Security Operations Centre Manager, the SOC Cyber Defence Team Leader has responsibility for ensuring the successful operation of the team, providing day to day management, technical guidance, and direction.
Why this Company?
- Opportunity to work for a global organisation and recognised household brands
- No shifts required and flexibility available.
- Private Medical Bupa Healthcare available
- Up to 10% annual bonus
- On-call Allowance up to £300 per week
- Access to E-learning platform
- Excellent and Supportive working environment
- 25 days annual leave + bank holiday
- Cycle to work scheme
- Line management responsibilities for a team of technical staff including coaching, skill development, evaluation and supervision
- Management of all incidents and service requests assigned to the team’s queue, ensuring they are completed accurately, thoroughly and within SLA
- Building and maintaining an effective working relationship with suppliers and partners, including our Managed Services Security Provider
- Development and execution of Playbooks, Event Handlers and Job Aids required for successful task completion
- Applying technical and analytical skills to assist more junior members of the team with intricate cases
- Tracking and reporting of service KPIs
- Identifying inefficiencies and working to improve the effectiveness and quality of the service we offer
- Collaborating with our cyber engineering team to onboard new technologies and processes
- Experience of leading a team
- Previous Experience of working in a Security Operations Centre (SOC)
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent work experience
- 3 years’ work experience in Information Technology
- Industry security certification(s) such as CISSP, GIAC, COMP TIA Sec+ would be considered an advantage
Knowledge & Experience
- Good overall Windows Operating System experience, preferably gained though support experience in a complex multinational environment
- Experience with commonly deployed security technologies, such as SIEM tools, Firewalls, Intrusion Prevention Solutions, Internet Proxy Servers, Data Loss Prevention, Endpoint Detection and Response tools, Antivirus and Email filtering
- Familiarity with DNS, NTP, SMTP and other commonly used foundational protocols
- Working knowledge of protocols and technologies such as TCP, UDP, Netflow, SSL, FTP, SMTP, CIFS and DHCP
- Hands on work with SIEM and logging solutions, including constructing complex searches, reports and dashboards
For more information, or if you’re interested in having an informal chat regarding the role please contact Thom Taylor on 01908 030131 or email@example.com