Cyber Defence Analyst – Tier 1
(£27k + shift allowance + bonus + on-call, (total package approx. £32k)
- Up to £27k base salary with yearly pay reviews
- 4 on 4 off shift allowance
- Up to 10% bonus – 5% based on personal performance and 5% based on business
- Pension scheme – 4% paid by individual/4% paid by business on a like for like basis up to 10%
- On-call allowance
A global family of companies and one of the largest producers and distributors in the world, striving to be the leaders of innovation within the industry. With over 7,000 employees working across 90 countries.
Reporting to the Tier 1 Security Operations Centre (SOC) Team Leader you will conduct analysis of security related events to include validation, escalation and reporting upon any indicators of compromise based upon the guidelines and monitoring platforms provided to them. You will be responsible for handling all such events of interest and will make sure that they are continuously monitored and reviewed.
- Responding to end user security incidents as referred by the Service Desk and other sources of information which may provide indicators of compromise
- Monitoring and analysis of security relevant logs, alerts and events handling incidents submitted via tickets or phone
- Execution of standard operating procedures in response to any security relevant logs, alerts and events
- Services monitored will include, but are not limited to SIEM, IDS/IPS, Firewalls, Anti-Virus/Anti-Malware, Vulnerability Analysis and Identity & Access Management toolsets
- Working with the Tier 2 team as part of a wider Incident Response team to help determine Root Cause Analysis for events of interest that are escalated to formal security incidents
- Providing support to the Service Desk outside of core hours, which will include Incident Management in accordance with standard Service Desk operating procedures
For more information and a confidential chat please contact Jonny Duggan.
01908 886 038