Salary up to £36500 + £4100 car allowance
Applications are invited for the position of Control-M Developer. The role will be based in Northampton and the working hours will be 35 hours per week.
The Control-M Developer will be responsible for design and development of solutions to support Windows applications including scheduling applications, internal/external access and archiving solutions, across all necessary environments to meet business change projects.
The function will support the end to end development and deployment process working with other business areas.
- Analyse requirements and produce high and low level solution designs
- Review, develop, implement and maintain design and development standards
- Design and Development of batch processing to include Control-M schedules & scripts and associated documentation (workflow models, OPINS) and Connect: Direct Processes
- Adhere to the application development and deployment processes
- Provide consultancy and coaching to less experienced members of the team and perform code reviews.
- Provide subject matter expertise in relation to applications/technologies supported and processes owned to the team and the business
- Complete unit testing of schedules and provide test support
- Provide 3rd line support within agreed Problem Management and Service Assurance targets
- Manage time and priorities of allocated projects utilizing resource demand planning tools
- Co-ordinate the release of scheduled application Fix releases
- Manage and deliver releases for small to medium projects, effectively within agreed estimates, timescales, quality and budget
- Lead improvement activities or initiatives with focus on service quality and cost reduction
- Identify and deliver upon opportunities that improve service quality and enhance performance and efficiency in own department and across the business
- Identify team and project risks
- Review and maintain project documentation
- Operate within IT Service Management & release management policy and processes
- Administration and reporting tasks as requested by the manager
Knowledge, skills and experience
- 2-3 years Control-M scheduling (versions 8 &9)
- Use of Control Modules, particularly CM for databases & MFT
- Excellent knowledge of batch scheduling
- Working knowledge of PowerShell, Batch scripting and VBScript
- Knowledge of Project Management, Systems Development and Release Lifecycle methodology
- Good working knowledge in the use of incident management toolsets and source control software.
- Excellent Root Cause Analysis & problem solving skills
- Control-M Administration
- Previous software development or computer operations knowledge in a Windows environment
- Languages C#, Dot Net Framework, SQL
- Experience being a technical lead on a project
- Understanding of Cheque Clearing processes
- ITIL V3 foundation
- Excellent working knowledge of ITIL IT Service Management processes