Reporting to the ADS Delivery Senior Manager, the Configuration Manager will provide governance of the application of changes across pre-production and live environments, working closely with the development, deployment and test teams to provide end to end control of our delivery pipeline and ensuring the integrity and consistency of our environments at an application and middleware configuration level. The role will be focused on in-house (some 3rd Party) developed software application artefacts, their configuration and the dependencies between them and the integrity of the pre-production and live environments. The role does not cover infrastructure, network and operating system configuration.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Accountable for the software Configuration Management processes and controls, ensuring they are fit for purpose, well designed, documented, audited and understood.
- Accountable for the definition and treatment of Configuration Items (CIs) in the context of the
- Accountable for the integrity of Configuration Items between repositories and environments.
- Collaborates with the solution architects and designers to ensure that application design is well aligned to good Configuration Management practices.
- Develop a set of operational, quality assurance and management information reporting.
- Responsible for ensuring that pre- and post-deployment conditions are known and verified for all CI artefacts.
- Adopts and enhances the use of tooling and automation to improve the Configuration Management processes.
- Define and manage configuration dependencies across and between CIs and products.
- Defining processes and controls that prevent configuration leakage between environments, or loss of configuration values during deployments.
- Responsible for ensuring that artefacts and configuration are promoted between environments in a controlled and governed manner, ensuring the integrity of change sets supplied to the teams which execute the deployments.
- Ensuring the integrity of artefacts included in releases to test and production environments.
- Providing assurance to Test managers that environments reflect the to-be-live configuration in terms of application versions and configuration.
- Adopts and enhances the use of tooling and automation to improve and automate the Release Management processes.
- Develop a set of operational, quality assurance and management information reporting
- Aligning activities to our Information Security polices and client obligations
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Good Configuration Management experience.
- Good knowledge of life cycle management / deployment tools such as TFS, Jenkins and WIX.
- Configuration Management tools such as TFS, SCM.
- Understanding and experience of DevOps principles and practices.
- Understanding of Technology within product (.net, SQL, Ctrl-M)
- Experience of multi-environment test strategies.
- Experience with complex products and dependencies.
- Project planning
- Complex projects, orchestrating releases across multiple technology teams and functional leads.