Security & Compliance Officer - £35-40k – London
This is a great opportunity for an experience Security & Compliance Officer looking for an opportunity to show their skills. Here you will join a small well established legal firm based in Central London. Here you will be responsible for defining, implementing and communicating Information Security Compliance Requirements across the business and senior stakeholders.
Development and maintenance of company policies and standards which supports development and operational activities, including the assurance and governance of policies and standards in support of ISO27001.
Ensuring that all policies and procedures are well documented and implemented, performing periodic internal reviews and identifying compliance problems that call for formal attention.
Continual improvement of the Information Security Management System to assure compliance with ISO27001 certification.
Provision of support to manage the relationships with suppliers/ partners to ensure levels of Security & Continuity capabilities are commensurate.
Pro-active identification of weak security controls by way of conducting security reviews, and provision of recommendations for improvement to the relevant teams.
Maintenance and improvement of the security awareness campaign across the business.
Skills and Experience required
- Proven commercial experience writing information security policies and technical documents.
- Solid knowledge of ISO27001.
- Information security management qualifications such as CISSP, CISM, CISA or similar.
- Experience of working in a customer facing role to ensure customer security requirements are met.
- Experience of compliance with the Data Protection Act and an understanding of what GDPR will require.
- Excellent communication, reporting and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work proactively with business stakeholders to implement corrective actions to security gaps.