The company comprises teams of dedicated people; experts in defence, aerospace, security and related markets. They draw on our extensive technical knowledge and intellectual property to provide the know-how and support to solve some of the world’s most challenging problems. Their people make the critical difference to customers by providing unique approaches to problem solving. Why don’t you join some of the world’s finest scientific and technical minds and help them make tomorrow work today?
The company’s Secure Communications and Network Group are renowned for providing high quality, independent technical advice to the MOD in support of many of their major procurement programmes. The company are seeking Communications Engineers to join our military communications consultancy business for roles based at Bristol.
The role requires a dynamic individual with strong technical expertise to be responsible for successfully applying technical knowledge and innovation to the development of current and future military-specific communications systems.
Working to help their clients deliver major UK communications and information systems, you will use your technical knowhow and skills to advise, formulate and de-risk procurement options. You will engage directly with clients, stakeholders and industry to gather information and shape views using technical evidence, analysis and sound judgement.
The post holder will either advise or lead on the design and development of communication systems across the communications spectrum. As Lead Engineer you will plan and structure your team’s work, engage with relevant customers and stakeholders and report to the Project Manager on progress to ensure the requirements of work packages are delivered in the allocated timescales.
The ideal candidate is someone who has at least five years' experience of military communications systems and architectures, and provided technical advice on; Line of Site, Beyond Line of Site, Mobile Technologies or management systems.
Specific responsibilities are likely to include:
- Using technical knowledge and a deep understanding of the communications domain to provide expert advice for formulate procurement solutions and options.
- Undertake technical studies and coherent programmes of work to assisting clients in deriving procurement programme scope and identifying key areas of technical activity for reducing programme risk.
- Engage and provide consultancy advice to relevant customers and stakeholders undertaking design and test activities to ensure requirements are met.
- Assessing and integrating ideas and advice from other subject matter experts to provide balanced, independent and robust recommendations.
- Conducting technical evaluations of industry proposals.
- Plan and structure own work and report to Project Manager and Principal Engineer on progress.
- To mentor member of a technical team.
- Travel to military and vendor sites within the UK and potentially overseas.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Qualified to degree level (or equivalent) in an Engineering, Science or Communications discipline.
- Existing knowledge of current satellite technology and systems is highly desirable.
- The candidate will have analytical and communication skills, with the ability to communicate concisely in written and verbal form at both an engineering level and with senior management.
- Have experience in leading technical teams.
- Understand the full engineering development life cycle, from requirements capture to user acceptance, along with the associated system engineering and system integration activities appropriate to communication systems.
- The ability to identify emergent issues and risks around architectural approaches and technology maturity and supply, and to innovate pragmatic solutions within time pressured development and integration programmes.
Personal Qualities and Behavioural Requirements
- Self-motivated and Enthusiastic.
- Able to lead and direct technical teams.
- Able to work collaboratively within teams.
- Risk Aware.
- Able to follow processes and procedures.
If you would like to find out more then please contact me on 01908 886 038 or email email@example.com.