Cloud Systems Engineer
£65-£68k dependant on experience
About The Company
The company helps the world’s largest enterprises simplify their customer and business communications – while making those communications do even more.
In 2004, they pioneered the new generation of CCM solutions and today they’re still leading this industry as the only cloud/hybrid-cloud solution in the Gartner leaders’ quadrant. The company’s customers rely on their team for the undivided attention of the only independent company 100% focused on enterprise CCM. No one does more to simplify template management and put so much control in the hands of the user. That’s why more than 300 global brands – many in the world’s most highly regulated industries – rely on them to scale the conversation.
They are headquartered in London and serve its customers from offices located in North America, Europe, and Asia Pacific.
They were recently acquired by a private equity house focused on developing high growth software companies in the US and Europe and with their support, the company are investing in their business and recruiting talented people to drive the growth of the business.
Working with the Enterprise Architecture team, this role takes an enthusiastic Engineer with ambitions of becoming an Architect. You will be part of a small skilled team creating the building blocks and glue of our SaaS service. As your skills evolve there will be more technologies to learn and become productive on.
The responsibilities of the role include:
- As a part of the EAG team to support the company’s production environments.
- Working with the Development Team on application architecture for the Cloud and automation of deployment process.
- Working on the cloud infrastructure architecture and automation of infrastructure provisioning.
- Working with the Operations Team on diagnosing and resolving issues in our production environment.
- Learning Technologies to improve yourself and the capabilities of the Team.
What we’re looking for:
Must have skills/experience:
- AWS – You must be comfortable in designing solution for AWS and have understanding of the following: Cloud Formation, VPC, EC2, EBS, EFS, AWS security, Load Balancers
- Automation & Configuration management - Using tools like Chef, Ansible, Puppet
- Networking – Basic Network knowledge of TCPIP, DNS, DHCP what they mean and their practical uses
- Scripting/Programming – You should have experience working with scripting/programming language to implement automation
- Linux/Unix – Experience working with Linux environment will help you to get up-to-speed fast.
These are technologies that we use or intend to use soon.
- Cloudstack – Experience working with Cloudstack cloud will be a big plus for this role.
- Docker – We have plans on using Docker in production and Experience with working with Docker deployments will be an advantage.
- Encryption & Security – Our customer’s data is precious, knowledge about Encryption and Security is important.
We look for the following core competencies in everyone we hire at the Company:
- Analytical Ability – effectiveness in analysing situations and identifying key issues.
- Planning and execution – monitoring progress, taking action when necessary to rectify situations/meet deadlines.
- Proactive – taking responsibility for making things happen.
- Social Magnetism – taking actions, which show awareness of one’s own impact on others.
- Teamwork – collaborating with and promoting collaboration between different parts of the business.
- Technical expertise – keeping up to date technically within one’s own functional area.
- Adaptability – stability of performance under uncertainty and pressure.
- Communication & influence – using appropriate interpersonal styles and methods of communication to influence others positively to obtain agreement between different interests.
What’s the deal?
The company will provide you with the tools, equipment and support to give you the best possible chance of success and over-achieving your goals. Salary will depend on your experience and will be highly competitive. All their packages include an annual bonus based on the Company’s performance, so everyone is incentivised to over-achieve!
In addition to a friendly, flexible and fun working environment, the company provide a range of other benefits. If you are interested in this position then please contact Jonny Duggan on 01908 886 038 or email email@example.com.