Job Title: Cloud Solution Architect
Working Pattern: Full-time, normal office hours, some flexibility of working hours will be required
To assess a project’s technical feasibility, as well as implementation risks.
Responsible for designing and implementing a project’s network architecture including the structure of a system, its interfaces and the principles of the overriding business goals and estate security.
Must have a clear and complete understanding of the current office and data centre topology.
- Handle complex technical development concepts, and possess the ability to work alone.
- Ability to understand design & implement client requirements.
- Technical authority, advising upwards to department delivery managers.
- Technical direction and provision of development, continuous integration and test environments.
- Knowledge of hybrid network environments.
- Deliver to challenging timescales.
- Have a professional working knowledge of:
- Site selectors
- WAN Optimisers
- VPN terminations
- General awareness GCHQ NCSC guidance documents and templates.
- Good knowledge of Cloud Infrastructure (AWS and/or Azure).
- Assist in delivering technical solutions in both Cloud and on-premises Infrastructure projects.
- Assist high level escalations to problem resolution.
- Broad understanding of the complexities of an enterprise network estate.
- Excellent network design techniques/processes.
- Understanding of project management & ITIL processes.
- Good understanding of virtual environments in particular cloud technologies.
- Ability to understand & interpret project requirements and translate into robust network solutions.
- Good understanding of wider technologies and how they interact with the network.
- Good understanding how applications or systems intend to utilise the network and how this might influence the network topology or negatively impact network performance for others.
- Knowledge of enterprise wide cloud solutions including Azure, AWS and Oracle.
The Cloud Architect has the following qualifications:
- Degree educated or equivalent experience
- Technically certified at vendor certification
- Peer-recognised as network professional and a SME in at least one discipline.
- You will be highly motivated, self-starter and able to manage your agreed programmes of work with little day to day detailed direction
- Ability to absorb levels of detailed technical information and turn that into a clear strategic Network Design proposals, which you will be able to implement in full.
- Ability to work to the finest level of detail.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, you will be able to work to highly professional standards across all levels of the organisation.
- Ability to work with third-party suppliers.
- Ability to absorb and deliver under significant and challenging deadlines.
- Ability to adapt to a changing workload profile and demonstrate full flexibility of your approach.
- Focussed on delivering the highest quality to our customer.
- Able to work as a member of a wider team.
- Able to demonstrate good analytical problem solving experience.