Chief Operating Officer - London Based
Are you a COO looking to make an impact on a market leading Global Cyber Security business?
With over 300 staff gloablly and a revenue of £30m, many of the world’s most successful organisations turn to this business for technical assurance, incident response and investigation services. They are also at the forefront of research and development in security technology: regularly publishing white papers and blogs addressing current and emerging security threats and trends. Working here you will be frequently invited to present at various open and closed industry events around the world.
Following sustained year on year growth, and in support of an ambitious future we now seek to appoint an inspirational, and proven operational leader in the capacity of Chief Operating Officer (COO).
You will will be responsible for implementing the longer-term vision and corporate strategy for the business, it’s commercial effectiveness, corporate structuring, M&A activity and operational excellence.
A natural leader you will act as a business partner to the divisional heads, providing strategic advice and applying commercial & operational expertise in support of business growth, and minimising risk.
Additionally you will guide, lead, mentor and challenge across Solutions and Services in all locations, ensuring we deliver industry-best solutions that delight customers, employees and stakeholders, nurturing and reinforcing our healthy culture.
Operating Performance and Productivity
Define and develop the practices that deliver the business plan. Enable cross-company growth: create enablers and resolve gaps. This includes:
- Organisational design
- Sharing & collaboration
- Implement and safeguard efficient and sustainable processes across departments
- Ensure the short- and long-term profitability and performance of our operations.
- Set and meet budget profit goals.
- Lead our understanding of customer business needs and objectives.
- Benchmark industry best practices.
- Innovate to continuously improve and optimize processes to improve quality, service levels and cost.
- Lead all delivery and support acquisition diligence and post-acquisition delivery and support integration.
- Ensure we set industry-leading solutions standards by integrating, operating and improving our multi-disciplinary, multi-location people, systems, platform, processes, technology and professionalism.
- Providing financial, company secretarial and legal guidance thereby ensuring the financial viability and probity as an organisation and the efficient use of resources
- High level oversight of resource allocation and budgeting
- Lead on preparation of the budgeting process throughout the business
- Manage organisational Finance such as allocation to cost management
- Create budgets in coordination with other executives
- Analyses sales reports
- Participate in developing strategy and direction for our business, working closely with the rest of the management team, board, customers and industry.
- Innovate, propose and build compelling capabilities across all service lines to meet customer current and future business needs and for the creation of additional revenue streams.
- Help evaluate new acquisitions, drive diligence, and create and implement integration plan for new acquisitions.
- Personally, lead the culture of ‘best in the world’ service excellence throughout our employee base globally including active training, leadership development, and mentoring programs.
- Create a healthy, participative and transparent work culture based on meritocracy and employee satisfaction.
- Design and implement consistent high-quality service delivery (avoiding fire drills), which supports our brand promise to customers.
- Consistently maintain high levels of communication with all business unites; including investors, operators, major accounts, management and staff.
- Lead communication initiatives regarding key wins, strategy and progress toward attainment of our operating plan, market objectives and performance goals.
Education and Experience:
- A proven business leader with professional services sector experience:
- 5 years+ of experience in management and business leadership with 5 years P&L responsibility, with proven ability to consistently meet budgeted profit targets and improve on them year on year.
- Strong budgeting, forecasting, financial planning and analysis acumen required.
- Experience as the senior operations executive in a public company preferred.
- Demonstrable experience for initiating and supporting the delivery of change to support growth.
- Experience of both start-up/ early-stage companies and large corporates at some stage of his/ her career highly desirable.
- Understanding of contracts and service level agreements with strong commercial acumen and negotiation skill, including proven awareness of objectives of stakeholders such as customers and investors.
- You will have a demonstrated record of success in building and leading strong teams which operate globally and deliver on commitments and goals
- Knowledge of relevant laws and regulations (e.g. GDPR)
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge with accounting software such as Quickbooks, FreshBooks, Jet reporting, Navision and Microsoft Dynamics
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance, or related field is required / MBA strongly preferred
- Visible and Collaborative:
o Leads from the front, values connecting with others, influential with range of stakeholders, drives collaboration to break down silos.
- Drives and manages the strategic agenda:
o Decides on strategic objectives using an innovative but evidence-based approach. Drives self and team to achieve these strategic goals.
- Embraces a dynamic role:
o Exudes an image of calm and composure, in a fast-paced, changing environment. Thrives under pressure.
- Represents the business culture:
o Enjoys working young, social, dynamic culture, that values technical prowess above all.
Location and Travel
The role is based at our London office (Canary Wharf) with some international and regional travel
Salary and Package
A competitive salary and package aligned to market rates and including annual review.
Additionally, a comprehensive bonus scheme and benefits including: 25 days annual leave, option to buy up to 5 extra days; company pension scheme, contributory of up to 10%; company share plan; numerous voluntary benefits including Cycle to Work Scheme, Season Ticket Loan; free eye tests and sabbatical options.
Employees also benefit from an individually tailored learning and development plan which can include financial support with tuition/exam fees and access to various conference opportunities.
Company ethos is paramount and so, in addition to these bonuses and benefits, a flexible working environment, regular social activities and various day to day extras such as free refreshments.