Change Manager – Northampton
£43,000 + £4100 car allowance
Applications are invited for the position of Change Manager. The role will be locally based although travel to other sites will be expected. The working hours will be Monday – Friday 0900 – 1700hrs although flexibility including some weekend working may be required.
Purpose of the role:
The IT Change Management process exists to protect us and our clients from IT related risk and impact as a result of unauthorised or poorly managed IT changes.
The IT Change Management team (IT CMT) will ensure that approval is applied at a commensurate level and that IT changes are managed effectively to ensure adherence to industry best practices and Change Management Policy.
As a member of the IT Change Management Team, the Change Manager will lead a team or support part of a larger technical team, or provide support on an individual basis in order to achieve the key Business objectives. This may also include the provision of support to senior management on day to day activities, special projects or analysis which underpin business growth.
- Accountable for reviewing, enhancing and publishing IT Change Management Policy, Process and Procedure that are in line with industry best practice.
- Accountable for communicating and enforcing adherence to IT Change Policy, Process and Procedures
- Accountable to Internal and external auditors for the existence and management of change management process and procedures.
- Responsible for line management of the change management team.
- Work with all departments to ensure that they have trained staff that can raise CR’s and that training is provided to allow them to complete them to high standard.
- Assess the potential impact of all changes. Work with all parties involved in the change to minimize the risk to service.
- Chair the CAB meetings and ensure that changes are well planned, clearly document and understood to allow technical and business assessments to be made.
- Perform the final review and closure of IT Changes and the completion of Post Change Assessment (PCA) as required and providing input to failed changes reporting and ensuring accountability is taken for actions
- Work with all area to produce and maintain an accurate change forward plan.
- Embed and promote change management disciplines throughout the organisation.
- Attend the daily service calls to update key stakeholders on recently implemented changes and upcoming change activity / associated risks.
- Provide & communicate accurate MI on Change Management Critical Success Factors and Key Performance Indicators to EMT, clients and senior leadership teams.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Minimum Certification in ITIL V3 Foundation Certification in Service Management
- Proficient MS Office skills
- ITIL Capability RCV (Release Control & Validation) or ITIL Lifecycle in service Transition
- ITIL Capability OSA (Operational Support Analysis) or ITIL Lifecycle Service Operation
- Experience in IT Change Management
- Experiencing using BMC ITSM Remedy tool would be an advantage
- High level understanding of project management life cycle
- Deliver and maintain high levels of customer satisfaction
- Influencing skills leading teams, coaching and mentoring less experienced members.
- Delegations skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organisational & time management skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Ability to take the initiative
- Ability to assimilate and utilise new information, processes and training
- Teamwork and Cooperation
- Strive for Excellence
- Interpersonal Skills and Communication
- Flexibility and Adaptability
- Customer Service Focus
- Risk and Control
- Broad Perspective
- Analytical Thinking
- Developing others
- Team Leadership