Business Continuity Management Analyst
Job Family – IT
Location - Northampton
Salary Scale - £20,000 to £29,000 p.a.
Reporting to the Business Continuity Manager and working as part of the Service Delivery function, the role is of a support nature and pertains to all Business Continuity activity, analysis and reporting within the company.
The Business Continuity Analyst will support the delivery of the Business Continuity Management policy, framework and assurance activity to provide confidence that the company can work through and survive business-interrupting events within corporate risk appetite; promoting confidence in capability to stakeholders.
- Point of contact and providing guidance for Business Continuity Management queries or activities
- Support and maintenance of the business service based impact assessment to drive continuity requirements
- Assist in the development of policy, standards and supporting mechanisms designed to deliver the Business Continuity requirements.
- Development of Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity plans, ensuring that the documented processes are fit for purpose and meet contractual obligations to the clients.
- Coordinate and support the Business Continuity Assurance and Testing activity. For all tests assigned as lead coordinator, ensure that all planning activities are carried out in a timely manner.
- Chair planning meetings ensuring that all actions, issues and risks are tracked & managed to closure; raise necessary change records and dispensation forms, ensuring that the necessary permissions from stakeholders and clients are received. Raise requests for transportation of staff and any other logistics. Organise and chair the post-test wash-up reviews and production of the post-test report.
- Tracking progress on Assurance activity actions arising from the Business Continuity Testing, ensuring a timely closure is achieved by managing the actions and issues.
- Work across internal, client and supplier stakeholders to deliver obligations and dependant activities
- Support the delivery of Risk Management Controls to mitigate key risks and the demonstration of their effectiveness.
- Production of monthly management information on all Business Continuity Management activities for various committees, senior management and clients.
- Represent Business Continuity at Change Advisory Board (CAB) to review changes in accordance to Service Management Policy and Procedures, in order to protect live services from detrimental impacts of IT Change and advise IT Change Manager regarding the approval/rejection decision
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- PC literate and competent with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Effectively plan, organise and prioritise tasks to ensure delivery meets time critical deadlines
- Ability to communicate at all levels within the business and with client and external stakeholders (written and verbal)
- Experience of working to tight deadlines
- Attention to detail and accuracy in delivering output
- Knowledge of Business Continuity & Disaster Recovery processes as a desirable skill
- Experience of documenting Processes/Procedures.
- Able to analyse, understand and present complex information and report in a variety of mediums such as reports or presentations.