Business Change Lead - SC cleared - London and Yorkshire
We're looking for an experienced, SC cleared, Business Change Lead to work on and make a significant contribution to a new and exciting Digital Transformation programme, which is bringing this clients business applications into the 21st Century and driving efficiency forward by the use of technology.
This role seeks an experienced business change expert to lead the change management work-stream to manage the overall training and communications for the project. The role will focus on the people side of change, developing and managing an approach to raise overall awareness and ensure a successful adoption of the new system. This will require an understanding of the technology and its application to the business.
They will act as a coordinator for senior leaders, managers and supervisors to help in their role of change sponsors. The role will work closely with and report into the Project Manager to ensure change management is embedded in the decision-making and approach across the Project.
Key Tasks and responsibilities: Work within an Agile Project / Delivery team to perform the following tasks
- Identify stakeholders and builds effective relationships with - Decision makers, influencers, SMEs etc. Can clearly evidence how to access the right people at the right time.
- Develop stakeholder analyses to proactively identify areas where resistance to change is expected, and develop and manage approaches to reduce the impact of the resistance
- Support Project Manager by developing change management plans that can be included in project plans, including dependencies on wider project activities. Triages concerns/questions and escalates to the project manager when necessary.
- Use appropriate change management tools and best practice processes, to apply a structured change methodology and lead all change management initiatives across the project.
- Ensure that all Change Management initiatives are in-line with GDS guidelines.
- Apply a variety of stakeholder engagement and communication capabilities and techniques to suit different business situations. These might include organisational development, culture change, IT-enabled change, training development and delivery.
- Identify communication needs and developing communication materials.
- Undertake high level and function specific change impact analysis.
- Producing Communications and Business transition plans.
- Identify training needs and develop / manage the training plan. Includes organising / scheduling trainers, trainees and all other resources required to deliver the training.
- Develop demonstrable experience and provide all collateral to the project team, required to cover Business Change aspect of the GDS assessment.
- Support Customer and Sponsor Business Change Representatives in working through self-assessment Change Impact Assessments and Business Readiness Assessments.
- Identify key metrics for change success, produce impact analyses, and assess change readiness and measure/monitor change effectiveness.
- Support the development of deployment and adoption plans.
- Provide support and guidance for key stakeholders on understanding change and managing it within their own areas.
- Engage Business and support them with User Acceptance Testing.
- Ensure the successful handover of the capability into business as usual into Live Service.
- As part of the team, brings customer comments, concerns, ideas so that common themes and trends can be integrated.
Knowledge and experience:
- Demonstrable experience of leading a complex business change, resulting from adoption of new Case Management System, impacting several hundred users across various government and private sector organisations.
- Demonstrable experience of leading change to facilitate adoption of using new Laptops / Desktops as well as the new System / Applications on the new devices.
- Experience of leading Business Change using GDS guidelines and supporting projects with GDS assessments.
- Individual must be proactive and outgoing, and able to work with stakeholders at all levels (senior leadership and technical teams)
- Has worked within a role reporting directly to project manager and working with senior business managers to enable business benefit through service delivery.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; including communicating with technical and non-technical clients and staff at all organizational levels both internal and external.
- Technical awareness desirable but not essential.
- Strong eye for very in-depth and detailed technical projects.
- Excellent planning, cost / financial, governance, issue, risk, change control and stakeholder management.
- Excellent matrix management and team leader ship skills and collaborative leadership style.
- Used to working in a fast-paced environment.
- Great communicator and proficient at solving problems.
- Highly organised and pay great attention to the details.
- Excellent active listening skills.
- Flexible and Adaptable.
- Change Management Certificate (Not Essential)
- Excellent use of project management tools e.g. MS Project
- Proficient users – MS Project, Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint
This is an initial 6 month contract with strong likelihood of extension. The client has specified that the role is outside of IR35
Until mid March 2019: London, Westminster. (Frequent travel to service and 3rd party suppliers)
Mid March 2019 onwards: (3 days / 2 nights travel to York) & 2 days in London, Westminster.
All travel to and accommodation in York will be covered by the client as expenses.