Business Analyst Requirement x 3
Summary of the work
Leading on the analysis activities on product(s), turning business visions of complex, large scale customer facing services into coherent features, epics and engineering ready user stories.
Latest start date Monday 10 September 2018
Expected contract length 12 months + 3 month extension (If required)
Application stack technologies/software
- Intranet/extranet, corporate web sites and commercial and public facing services;
- Databases, Data Warehouses, Business Intelligence Services and ETL services;
- APIs, reporting and workflow services;
- Data migrations for systems replacements/upgrades/refreshes;
- Integration between in-house developed Enterprise IT systems and 3rd party COTS products;
- Legacy Application stacks;
- Java, React, Drone, Spinnaker, AWS, Azure, Docker, Kubernetes
Scaled Agile framework in use - the client uses their own implementation of scaled agile that takes in aspects of SAFe, Disciplined Agile and LeSS
Who the specialist will work with
Internal Service creation staff, 3rd party contractors and internal stakeholders.
What the specialist will work on
The Business Analyst will work across multiple projects in DVLA, leading analysis activity through the design, implementation & management of the business analysis & requirements gathering, acquiring extensive knowledge across all products in the domain, shaping future areas of innovation and managing resources, using these opportunities to improve/maximize the product value.
Perform the lead BA role across one or more services/products within the area, selecting and advising on a range of analytical techniques, including tools, documentation, process design, and user requirement identification; creating appropriate product epics, features and user stories and embedding an agile culture across the entire requirements lifecycle.
Address where the work will take place
Working arrangements 5 days per week
Security clearance BPSS clearance required. If SC clearance is required through the duration of the contract, DVLA will sponsor.
Essential skills and experience
- Provide evidence of (minimum 3 years) lead analyst role on large scale and mission critical Enterprise deliveries with proven experience using a range of agile frameworks.
- Provide evidence of (minimum 3 years) working effectively as a business analyst coach and mentor within Enterprise-scale structures, as a leader and team player, in a technology based business environment.
- Provide evidence of (minimum 3 years) having a proven ability to elicit , analyse and model complex business and operational requirements, and work with engineering teams through to implementation.
- Provide evidence of (minimum 3 years) having excellent written and verbal communication skills, particularly the ability to communicate complex delivery matters simply and clearly to non-technical colleagues.
- Provide evidence of (minimum 3 years) having excellent stakeholder management and communication skills, up to board level.
- Provide evidence of (minimum 3 years) in-depth and up to date knowledge of using Jira and Confluence in large scale portfolio deliveries.
Cultural fit criteria
- Evidence of advising in the leading of business analysis activities with a strong focus on the transformation of complex, high volume transactional digital services. (minimum 1 example)
- Evidence of working with multiple stakeholders at all levels of the organisation, communicating effectively, establishing consensus and facilitating decision making, including senior executive levels (minimum of 1 example).
Long term government contract, outside of IR35, negotiable day rates. Must be able to successfully undergo a Basic check and potentially achieve SC clearance in the future if needed.