Business Analyst - Health Service - London
We’re looking for a Business Analyst to develop ‘to-be’ processes and translate those processes into requirements for a new case management system. This will involve interviews and workshops with stakeholders and users and the requirements translated into business process and prioritised build and test backlog. The supporting change management documentation is to be created.
Latest start date Monday 12 February 2018
Expected contract length 6 months – potential extension for further 12
Location London, with occasional travel
About the work
From the discovery work completed to date it is clear that the client needs to focus on defining a number of a new processes. As a Business Analyst in this role you will work with the Programme Lead, the business and key stakeholders developing future processes and creating the user requirements for a new workflow management system. You’ll initially be required to work onsite 5 days a week for face-to-face meetings with users and will be required to successfully complete the Disclosure Scotland process.
Essential skills and experience
- Experience in gathering requirements
- Demonstrable track record in mapping, developing and improving end-to-end processes
- Experience in aligning disparate requirements into a single process
- Experience in helping users to define clean processes and move away from processes based on ‘the way we do things’
- Able to deliver pragmatic not gold plated requirements
- Agile experience and ability to present process and stories to align with scrum
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills
- Experienced at owning and delivering the outcome of new process and prioritised requirements
- Experience working in a health, regulatory or scientific environment
Preference will be given to Consultants with strong experience from within Health Service or NHS environments.