Business Analyst - Financial Services
We’re looking for an experienced Business Analyst to be part of our clients’ wider Business Analyst community and Change Delivery team working across a large business change and transformation programme of work. You will evaluate and articulate new business opportunities, create and develop processes in support of the clients’ business operation model and provide documentation in support of project management for the delivery of new operational capability.
As an experienced Business Analyst within this client you will provide expertise, support and mentoring to other Business Analysts and Project Analysts as needed.
- Evidence of a successful background as a Senior Business Analyst working on complex and multi-faceted projects.
- A sound and detailed knowledge of Business process re-engineering and work flow modelling.
- Knowledge and ability to define, document and ratify the Requirements Engineering specifications for both business and systems for moderate to high risk change.
- Experience of detailing impact analysis of Requirements Engineering specifications, using tools such as “MOSCOW”.
- An understanding of structured and object-oriented analysis, including structured methods e.g. SSADM, Data Analysis
- Experience of mapping complex business processes and creating structured cross-functional process designs
- Evidence of process development and documentation.
- Working in an Agile methodology
- Maintain and further populate the Data Dictionary/Business Glossary (you’ll use an existing format to use)
- Document the end to end business Data Flows ensuring key metrics and data dictionary is populated along the way
- Collation, analysis & prioritization of MI reporting requirements, dashboards and other analytics use cases
- Update NFRs as new requirements are added
- Definition and document Operational model
- Support for training documentation
- Evidence of successful participation in the delivery of complex programmes and working within structured project governance.
- Ability to work as part of a diverse project team including clients and 3rd parties
- Proven ability to extract, assimilate, simplify and convey information across various audiences and ensure they are conveyed in the required format and level of detail for development and testing.
- Experience of communicating effectively, influencing and negotiating through meeting facilitation, presentations, workshops and documentation across all levels of the business from end users to Executive Management Team.
- Proven record of motivation and initiative to manage own work goals and deadlines
- Ability to provide end-user support following implementations.
- Experience of complex and detailed Document review
- Excellent experience of Project focused software including Microsoft Visio, Excel, PowerPoint and Project.
- Detailed knowledge of the full project lifecycle with a proficient knowledge of Testing, experience of Implementation planning and coordination and an extensive knowledge of systems development.
- Demonstrable experience in IT.
- Understanding and awareness of cost estimations and operating models
- Able to forecast, track and be aware of project budgets
- Evidence of professional development to obtain recognised qualification(s) in the project sphere; BCS or equivalent.
£450-500 per professional day.
Six month contract.
- Participates in high profile programmes of high risk and complex change.
- Develops an analysis strategy, as part of the programme plan and coordinates the development of documentation for large and complex projects
- Demonstrates business acumen and awareness of user needs through understanding the best fit of new opportunities within the existing business model.
- Creates, develops and documents new business processes, defines processes and procedures, workflow, technology requirements and resource to support Service Level Agreement (SLA) and cost.
- Provides management information and analysis to support clients projects and business objectives.
- Ensures the introduction of the change process does not have a negative impact upon business SLAs.
- Reviews, analyses, evaluates and documents existing processes for new business opportunities.
- Provides advice and guidance on field of expertise to other parts of the business as requested.
You must be able to successfully undertake and complete both credit and criminal record background checks to work on this project.