Business Analyst – Digital Policing Portfolio
Immediate Start – Victoria, London.
Pay rate - £450 per day – 3 months initially, highly likely to extend
An exciting contract opportunity has arisen for a Business Analyst, with a background in the capturing, analysing and designing business operating models that facilitate transformational business change within policing.
The DPP Business Analyst will work at the portfolio level across three main delivery programmes of:
- Digital Public Contact (DPC).
- Digital Investigations and Intelligence (DII).
- Digital First (DF).
The DPP Business Analyst will be required to capture and document the current and future operating landscape for the digital transformation processes, in particular detailing the following view of digital services:
- Services definition and demand model.
- Business processes.
- Information model and related handling procedures.
- Applicable standards and policies.
- People, skills and knowledge requirements.
- Organisational structures.
- Systems (infrastructure/hosting/applications).
- Performance metrics.
In addition to the above the DPP Business Analyst will be required to develop the following:
- Business requirements models for DPP delivered capabilities use UML notation.
- Capture if benefits profiles for DPP delivered capabilities
- Provision of content to the Digital Policing Enterprise Architecture which provides traceability from DPP Vision through to the detailed capability definitions.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- 3 years’ minimum experience working in a Business Analysis role on transformation projects/programmes.
- Experience of public sector, ideally within policing.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to engage directly with clients from user to board level.
- Experience in designing, organising and chairing client focused workshops within the process of developing comprehensive business operating models.
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to view the business holistically across people, process and technology.
- Experience in supporting the development of business cases in respect of scope and requirements definition.
- Experience in working within Enterprise Architecture frameworks such as TOGAF and Zachman.
- Experience of developing UML models to a system definition level.
- Experience in developing formal business and system level requirements documentation and the subsequent management of these.
- Experience in managing the dependencies and prioritization of business capabilities and requirements.
- An understanding of the principles and strategies relating to delivering complex change within businesses.
- Experience is working with third party suppliers engaged by the client.
- Comfortable to work with minimal supervision.
Minimum BC check