Contract Agile Business Analyst - (6 Month with extension)
We’re looking for a strong Business Analyst, with traditional BA skills to work with a leading publisher working to improve their production process.
As a Business Analyst, you'll work with us to deliver meaningful, transformative solutions that enable the business to do more.
A global Publishing business based on Oxfordshire, this organisation is one of the world’s leading publishers of journals, books, eBooks, text books and reference works.
Your influence will stretch from working with stakeholders, through close interactions with subject matter experts, to enabling delivery teams to meet their goals.
Working as a Business Analyst, you’ll work with colleagues across the business to map processes, identify areas for improvement, document requirements and enable the delivery teams to perform. You will collaborate with your peers in Technology to establish a consistent, high quality track record of deliveries. In addition, you will work with business stakeholders and technology architects to influence solutions that not only meet business needs but align to our longer-term technology roadmap.
This role will involve:
- Build your knowledge by studying and documenting business functions, evaluating output requirements and formats, and working with your peers to understand the technology landscape and roadmap
- Create workflow charts and diagrams; studying system capabilities; writing specifications
- Writing and refining complete and clear user stories that highlight the benefits to be gained
- Improve systems by studying current practices and recommending modifications
- Recommend controls by identifying problems and writing improved procedures
- Work with the program team to define project and program parameters
- Establish metrics to measure proposed improvements
- Analyze one-time business or operational issues, as needed
- Contribute to a culture that is focused on delivering and measuring value
- Contribute best practices and learnings to a community of business analysts
- Maintain excellent relationships with key stakeholder groups
- Ensure that solutions are designed in a way that fit the technology roadmap
- Facilitating discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution
To be successful the ideal candidate will have:
- Must have experience creating maps, diagrams and documentation for business and system processes
- Experience using business process management tools
- Experience with the Lean framework
- Strong communication and influencing skills, experienced at creating relationships at executive level across the business
- Understanding of Agile delivery concepts
- Good understanding of content life cycle concepts in either the publishing or media industries
- Any understanding of publishing production processes and systems would be beneficial.
This position will be based in Milton Park, Oxfordshire, UK.