Technical Business Analyst
Working for one of the world’s leading publishers of books, eBooks and reference works in Oxfordshire. They are creating technology platform to shape the future of knowledge.
As part of the digital first strategy, they have been driving growth through providing access to publications through digital platforms, also providing a unified experience across their content. They have created digital platforms to facilitate discovery, allowing users to access relevant research and information quickly and easily, wherever they are.
We are seeking a talented and self-motivated Business Analyst with experience of working within a technical environment who has operated within a cross-functional product development environment. The role will be joining an agile team to help innovate, improve and deliver all aspects of content delivery channels and enhance with new ideas how a digital platform can enable new business models with online capabilities.
Desirable skills and experiences:
- At least 4 years’ experience in Information Technology, with a minimum of 1 year in business process design.
- Demonstrable experience of working on Digital Transformation projects.
- Demonstrable experience working with process redesign methods and organisational change management.
- Some exposure to e-commerce.
- Ability to adapt quickly to rapidly changing technology and then use this technical knowledge to apply to business needs.
- Excellent soft skills. Need to be able to demonstrate a strong business acumen and ability to build relationships with senior stakeholders quickly.
- Work with global business stakeholder to understand the commercial goals and drivers
- Experience within Software Development Life-cycle Methodology.
- Out of the box thinker.
- Technology evangelist, well aware of tools like Jira and Confluence.
- Possess a strong belief in agile and lean thinking
- Ability to connect business, technology and user requirements to create technology solutions
- Worked with multiple Agile methodologies
- Understand technology solutions connecting business, technology, user and customer requirements, collaborate with the Architecture and Solution Team.
- Convert solutions into user stories along with acceptance criteria, wireframe and additional support documents
- Manage the backlog of user stories with very clear and unambiguous documentation.
- Help project sponsors and Product Owners to prioritise the user stories
- Working closely with the business and Product Owners to ensure requirements are challenged, validated and add business value and with competing business demands and priorities
- Anticipate, identify and manage risk issues in accordance with those policies, practices and statements and escalate risk issues to the appropriate management level or committee as necessary