Senior Systems Analyst
Working for one of the world’s leading publishers of books, eBooks and reference works in Oxfordshire. They are creating technology platform to shape the future of knowledge.
We are seeking a talented and self-motivated Agile Systems / Business Analyst with experience of working within a technical environment who has operated within a cross-functional product development environment. The role will be joining an agile team to help innovate, improve and deliver all aspects of content delivery channels and enhance with new ideas how a digital platform can enable new business models with online capabilities.
You’ll be a technology evangelist, well aware of tools like Jira and Confluence and will possess a strong belief in agile and lean thinking with an ability to connect business, technology and user requirements to create technology solutions.
As part of the digital first strategy, this company has been driving growth through providing access to publications through digital platforms, also providing a unified experience across their content. They have created digital platforms to facilitate discovery, allowing users to access relevant research and information quickly and easily, wherever they are.
- Understand technology solutions connecting business, technology, user and customer requirements, collaborate with the Architecture and Solution Team.
- Convert solutions into user stories along with acceptance criteria, wireframe and additional support documents
- Manage the backlog of user stories with very clear and unambiguous documentation.
- Help project sponsors and Product Owners to prioritise the user stories
- Working closely with the business and Product Owners to ensure requirements are challenged, validated and add business value and with competing business demands and priorities
- Anticipate, identify and manage risk issues in accordance with those policies, practices and statements and escalate risk issues to the appropriate management level or committee as necessary
The ideal candidate will have experience of working within Software Development Life-cycle Methodology and at least 4 years’ experience in a similar role. You will be familiar with Digital Transformation projects and will have demonstrable experience of working with process redesign methods and organisational change management.
You will have the ability to adapt quickly to rapidly changing technology and then use this technical knowledge to apply to business needs.
Excellent soft skills along with strong communications skills, you need to be able to demonstrate a strong business acumen and ability to build relationships with senior stakeholders quickly.